Announcement: Immigration Tracker (Beta) Now Live
We're pleased to announce the beta launch of the immigration application tracker. The tool can be used to track the various types of applications you undergo throughout your immigration process and can be edited/updated anytime by the member who created the record in the database.

Let's start making sense out of the UK immigration process. Add your immigration details here and provide us with feedback on how we can make it better.


Welcome back, Guest

Newest Members

Active Users

718 active user(s) currently on the site
14 members, 704 guests, 0 anonymous users

Online Friends

    None of your friends are currently online

- - - - -

Applying for British Citizenship: Filling the Marriage Application Form

Marrying a British national will generally entitle a foreign national to live and work in the UK. However, this entitlement is not automatic and there is certainly no immediate entitlement to citizenship for a foreign spouse. If you want to give notice at a designated register office in England or Wales, both you and your partner must have lived in the 'registration district' (the district covered by that designated register office) for at least seven full days immediately before the date when you give notice. In Scotland and Northern Ireland, you can register by post - you do not have to go to the registration office in person.

When you submit a Marriage application form, you must:

• Bring evidence of your names, addresses, ages and nationalities - if you have been married before, you will need to show evidence that you are now free to marry; and

• Give your certificate of approval to the registrar. (If you register in Scotland or Northern Ireland by post, you will need to photocopy the sticker in your passport and send the photocopy to the registrar with your marriage or civil partnership notice papers.)

Setting up a wedding with the services of a wedding planner is relatively easy, but you need to have your paperwork in order. A couple who intends to be married in British State must apply in person for a marriage license to any Town or City Clerk in the state. Marriage Application Form can be obtained on-line at this website, to be filled out by the bride and groom and submitted in person to obtain license.

If you are coming to the UK from overseas to get married, you must have either a fiancé or fiancée or marriage visitor visa in your passport in order to give notice to a Registrar to marry. If you are already in UK, you will need to either have settled status in the UK, or apply to the Home Office for a certificate of approval before giving notice to marry to a Registrar.

If you are currently in UK as a Visitor, you are not permitted to apply for a visa on the basis of your marriage or civil partnership. You may apply for a visa on the basis of Marriage application form within the UK provided you have received Entry Clearance from a British Embassy or British Mission outside the UK for that purpose or if you are currently in the United Kingdom with a valid visa that was issued for more than 6 months and you have been given permission to marry or engage in a civil partnership by obtaining a Certificate of Approval which is required by UK Law.

About the Author
Marriage Application Form is provided by Mr. Abdul Kadir. He is heading Visa Advice registered by the OISC. He is an expert in immigration matters having had years of experience in helping people in immigration matters.

Useful and Relevant UK Immigration Forum Discussions:

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are the author's and not necessarily those of or any entity associated with This article is not checked for accuracy by any qualified immigration consultant or solicitor either represented on this site or otherwise. We will not be legally responsible for any statement made in this article. If you're going through the UK immigration process we strongly advise that you appoint a UK immigration consultant or immigration solicitor to deal with your case.


Find us on Facebook

Search Site

Custom Search

Popular Articles

About Us - Contact Us - Copyright - Privacy Policy - TOS - Advertise