Photo

Sar Report - When Do They Begin Processing?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 ensemble

ensemble

• Active Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

Hi,

I submitted my request for my SAR file to :

The Data Protection Unit,
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon,
CRY9 2BY

on the 1st April 2009 with the enclosed cheque for GBP 10.

However, I did not send the letter using registered post, just with a 1st class stamp.

It is noted that it may take up to 4-6 weeks for them to get back.

I have been checking my bank account on-line to verify whether they have cashed in the cheque. But it has not happened yet, so either they have not received the letter or it takes them sometime to cash it in (quite unlikely in this country).

Can anyone whose applied for a SAR, pls. tell me how long it takes for them to cash in the cheque? or whether they actually send a letter to acknowledge receipt for the SAR file request?

Is there a contact number I can call for more information ?

Thanks again,

#2 taahaa

taahaa

• Active Members
  • 37 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

Hi,

I submitted my request for my SAR file to :

Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon,
CRY9 2BY

on the 1st April 2009 with the enclosed cheque for GBP 10.

However, I did not send the letter using registered post, just with a 1st class stamp.

It is noted that it may take up to 4-6 weeks for them to get back.

I have been checking my bank account on-line to verify whether they have cashed in the cheque. But it has not happened yet, so either they have not received the letter or it takes them sometime to cash it in (quite unlikely in this country).

Can anyone whose applied for a SAR, pls. tell me how long it takes for them to cash in the cheque? or whether they actually send a letter to acknowledge receipt for the SAR file request?

Is there a contact number I can call for more information ?

Thanks again,

hi,
i also requested for SAR from home office six weeks ago after three weeks of applied i received a letter from them that there is no
sign on urs request after that i send them my request form again with my signature through recorded mail, from two weeks i
was calling them to ask that they received my letter or not and they always answered me no and today i received another
letter form them that they received my request and they will send my letter for signature verification and it will take
40 days again.I was shocked to read that but wish u good luck that its never happen with u.

#3 ensemble

ensemble

• Active Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:26 PM

hi,
i also requested for SAR from home office six weeks ago after three weeks of applied i received a letter from them that there is no
sign on urs request after that i send them my request form again with my signature through recorded mail, from two weeks i
was calling them to ask that they received my letter or not and they always answered me no and today i received another
letter form them that they received my request and they will send my letter for signature verification and it will take
40 days again.I was shocked to read that but wish u good luck that its never happen with u.

Thank you for your reply.

Couple of questions:

1) It took 3 weeks for them to get back to you? Did you check whether your cheque was cleared?

2) Can I ask what you wrote in the letter to them or did you fill in some form?

3) What contact number did you use to call them?

#4 taahaa

taahaa

• Active Members
  • 37 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:42 PM

hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Couple of questions:

1) It took 3 weeks for them to get back to you? Did you check whether your cheque was cleared?

2) Can I ask what you wrote in the letter to them or did you fill in some form?

3) What contact number did you use to call them?

hi,
i have sent them the postal order, i wrote my name , my date of birth and my address and made a request in two lines that i need
SAR file and when they sent me the letter to ask proof of address and about my signature their contact number was above the
letter and i did call them several times then every time somebody attended the phone immediately, while which number mention
in the websites nobody picking up the phone.sorry i forgot to tell u one thing that the acknowledgment letter which i received
yesterday they wrote that now they will send my request with the postal order to the related department.

Edited by taahaa, 09 April 2009 - 11:48 PM.

#5 ensemble

ensemble

• Active Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

hi,
i have sent them the postal order, i wrote my name , my date of birth and my address and made a request in two lines that i need
SAR file and when they sent me the letter to ask proof of address and about my signature their contact number was above the
letter and i did call them several times then every time somebody attended the phone immediately, while which number mention
in the websites nobody picking up the phone.

Hi again,

Just 2 more questions please:

1) Can you verify the address you sent to the letter to? Was it:

Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon,
CRY9 2BY

2) Can you provide the telephone number? I might want to call them to ask whether they have received my SAR request.

Thanks again! :mellow:

#6 taahaa

taahaa

• Active Members
  • 37 posts
  • uk

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

hi,
in the websites nobody picking up the phone.

Hi again,

Just 2 more questions please:

1) Can you verify the address you sent to the letter to? Was it:

Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon,
CRY9 2BY

2) Can you provide the telephone number? I might want to call them to ask whether they have received my SAR request.

Thanks again! :mellow:

information and property management directorate
Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon,
CRY9 2BY

and phone number is 02087604544 but i think that holidays are starting from today till monday and office will open on tuesday.

#7 ensemble

ensemble

• Active Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon,
CRY9 2BY

and phone number is 02087604544 but i think that holidays are starting from today till monday and office will open on tuesday.

Oops.. got the address bit wrong. Hopefully it will still get to them.

Thanks for the info. again. Can you update us when you receive the SAR file ?

When are you planning to apply for ILR? I have problems trying to figure out all my dates in and out of the UK. Hopefully the SAR file will provide all the landing cards.

#8 taahaa

taahaa

• Active Members
  • 37 posts
  • uk

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road,
Croydon,
CRY9 2BY

Oops.. got the address bit wrong. Hopefully it will still get to them.

Thanks for the info. again. Can you update us when you receive the SAR file ?

When are you planning to apply for ILR? I have problems trying to figure out all my dates in and out of the UK. Hopefully the SAR file will provide all the landing cards.

I have already applied for ILR in october 2008 but my ILR refused due to some gaps which were not actually the gaps because
i had always applied my visa well before time now i got prove of my 2 gaps at home for the third gap i am waiting for sar,as my
file will come then hopefully i will reapply.

#9 Swan

Swan

• Active Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:07 PM

Hi
a applied for SAR in december, i received an aknowlledgement letter about 2 weeks after i sent it but they only cashed the cheque 1 week before they sent me the report. I received the report it within the 40 days.

#10 ensemble

ensemble

• Active Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hi
a applied for SAR in december, i received an aknowlledgement letter about 2 weeks after i sent it but they only cashed the cheque 1 week before they sent me the report. I received the report it within the 40 days.

Did you post the letter registered?

Also did you include any photocopied ID?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users