• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 manual

manual

• Active Members
  • 74 posts
  • uk

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

A friend recently applied for ILR on the basis of marriage at a PEO but was told her application would be referred to the "Marriage team" who will invite the couple for an interview. It might have been because she went alone as her husband couldn't attend though he gave her a letter confirming his agreement with the application. She's never had adverse immigration history and her initial 2 year spouse visa was granted in the UK.

Has anyone been invited for an interview for this type of visa and what are the likely questions they could be asked please? Thanks.

#2 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,426 posts
  • uk

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

Did she submit sufficient proof of joint address? The interview will be to determine whether the marriage is still subsisting and that they are living together as a couple.

#3 manual

manual

• Active Members
  • 74 posts
  • uk

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

Yes Susi. She submitted all the documents and she was told the documents were fine. Having spoken with her again now, it appears the reason they are referring it is because her husband wasn't there with her and when the officer called to confirm that he was supporting her application, he asked her husband for her date of birth which he got wrong. They were satisfied with all his other answers. They really are a genuine couple but just worried about possible questions they might get asked.

My husband and I will be going there soon too to apply for his settlement visa and I really need to committ his DOB and so many other dates to memory now as usually my phone reminds me.

#4 yjohnson

yjohnson

• Active Members
  • 94 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:22 AM

That is very strange. How can someone not remember his wife/husband date of birth? Has he got more than one wife? :biggrin:

#5 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,426 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

My husband and I have been together almost 6 years, and I wouldn't rely on him remembering my full date of birth in a 'stressful situation'...football scores for the last 6 years maybe...but come one...birthdays and anniversaries aren't exactly mens 'strong points' are they??

#6 sarah08

sarah08

• Active Members
  • 143 posts
  • uk

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

My husband and I have been together almost 6 years, and I wouldn't rely on him remembering my full date of birth in a 'stressful situation'...football scores for the last 6 years maybe...but come one...birthdays and anniversaries aren't exactly mens 'strong points' are they??

My husband never remembers my birthday either. And he just keeps asking me if he needs to fill some forms which requires my date of birth. it seems all the men are the same. He said he is not good at figures which is rubish, as Susi said it is defferent when it comes to football scores. My hubby has asked the same question for years 'when did we get married?' the answer he gets from me 'I can't remember either' :(

#7 manual

manual

• Active Members
  • 74 posts
  • uk

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

I'm happy to announce my friend got her visa. They were interviewed on a Tuesday and she got her passport back in the post on the Friday with her ILR granted. They were asked 69 questions separately including asking Y what X ate for dinner, the last family party they attended together etc. Basically you need to know everything and some about each other. They got 4 wrong but I suppose it was good enough.

#8 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,426 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:45 AM

My husband can't remember what he had for dinner last night....so we wouldn't pass the test even after 6 years together! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users