11 replies to this topic

#11 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,986 posts
  • uk

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

You can switch. 21 minimum age for both.

#12 Philange

Philange

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:I have superpowers, I just don't wanna show you.
  • uk

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

You can switch. 21 minimum age for both.

Thanks so much! Can you possibly answer a question about the funds as well? Because.. I think someone has started a topic over this before about the funds. It was something along the line that she called up for advise about whether the 3 months rule apply to the YMS but someone recently answered my answer saying that I must have had £1600 in my bank account and it couldn't have dipped any lower than that in the past 3 months but..

It says this on the PDF Guidelines for YMS: "In order to qualify for entry clearance under Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) applicants must show that they have enough money to support themselves. The funds requirement for YMS is £1600 for which 10 points will be awarded. This amount must be held in the applicant’s personal bank account on the date of the application for entry clearance. (NB The adequacy of the funds held will be judged against the exchange rate at the date of application, so applicants will need to have sufficient funds in their accounts to ensure that the maintenance requirement will be met despite changes in the exchange rate)."

But I understand where everybody is getting their point from as when I do the point based calculation on the Border Agency site, it suddenly comes up with the 3 months rule of having the amount in the bank, now I don't see this ANYWHERE in the PDF files. So can anybody tell us what EXACTLY we need? It is just so frustrating and so confusing.. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users