• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 station

station

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • bd

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

I was a student in uk since last 5 years. my previous college was a bogus one and my visa was cancelled. by the time i got to know tht i finished my nvq level 7 qualification from a very good college. I was given a is96 and had to report every week in a reporting centre in london bridge. afetr i got my results i left volantarily.My question is, Would i ever be able to apply as a student. my fiance is a student as well in uk, can i apply as her spouse? please help me.

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,141 posts
  • br

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

If you apply for another student visa, the previous overstay will likely result in a refusal under general grounds and a ban on re-applying will last for 12 months from the date or your departure (this assumes you eventually left the UK voluntarily having paid for your own ticket otherwise the ban period could be longer). If you apply for entry clearance in a family settlement category (fiancee, spouse) then this ban will be waived under (320 (7C) unless there has been other aggravating circumstances that contrive to frustrate immigration rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users