4 replies to this topic

#1 jolovestoshop

jolovestoshop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • ad

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:26 AM

Can anyone help me on this quick query?

When applying for the Youth Mobility Visa, are you required to have at least 1600 pounds in your account at time of application or show it has been in the account for 3 months?

A bit confused as I called the UK Gov Visa Helpline and it doesn't apply to the Youth Mobility Scheme although it states on the website

"You must have 1,600 of available funds in your account and these funds must have been continuously in your account for a period of three consecutive months when you apply."

Thanks

#2 Philange

Philange

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:I have superpowers, I just don't wanna show you.
  • uk

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

Can anyone help me on this quick query?

When applying for the Youth Mobility Visa, are you required to have at least 1600 pounds in your account at time of application or show it has been in the account for 3 months?

A bit confused as I called the UK Gov Visa Helpline and it doesn't apply to the Youth Mobility Scheme although it states on the website

"You must have 1,600 of available funds in your account and these funds must have been continuously in your account for a period of three consecutive months when you apply."

Thanks

I would like to know the answer to this as well! So if someone replies, that will be great!

#3 casualwalks

casualwalks

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 1,512 posts
  • gb

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

The OP has answered his own question

#4 Philange

Philange

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:I have superpowers, I just don't wanna show you.
  • uk

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

The OP has answered his own question

"You must have £1,600 of available funds in your account and these funds must have been continuously in your account for a period of three consecutive months when you apply."

Yeah but when you read the PDF guidelines for the YMS itself, it says something else, something along the lines of having the amount of £1600 within the month and on the day you APPLY.. Rather confusing don't you think? :)

Edit: It says this exactly:

"In order to qualify for entry clearance under Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) applicants must show that they have enough money to support themselves. The funds requirement for YMS is £1600 for which 10 points will be awarded. This amount must be held in the applicant’s personal bank account on the date of the application for entry clearance. (NB The adequacy of the funds held will be judged against the exchange rate at the date of application, so applicants will need to have sufficient funds in their accounts to ensure that the maintenance requirement will be met despite changes in the exchange rate)."

But I understand where you're getting your point from as when I do the point based calculation on the Border Agency site, it suddenly comes up with the 3 months rule of having the amount in the bank, now I don't see this ANYWHERE in the PDF files. So can anybody tell us what EXACTLY we need?

Edited by Philange, 10 April 2010 - 07:27 PM.

#5 Minnn

Minnn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • au

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

I've been wondering about this too! Have you had any definitive answers by any chance? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users