Jump to content

- - - - -

Whm Marrying Uk Citizen

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 confused5


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Location:London
  • england

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hi, my partner and I are thinking of going abroad to Vegas to marry and then have our honeymoon over in Switzerland before coming back to the UK

However, when we come back.. my WHM visa will end two weeks after that. Could I stay and apply for spouse visa?

He's also in the army so we don't see each other often when he is away.

I am leaving to head back to NZ for a wedding anyway in December. If I can't apply for a spouse visa in the country.. could I wait till Dec to leave since I already have a ticket then and head home and apply for it in NZ?
However by doing that, I will overstay my visa.. will this affect my application and will the 1-10 year term apply??

#2 Victoria


    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:02 AM

You can apply within the UK for a spouse visa.

If you overstayed no ban would apply, but is means there is a slim chance of refusal. Very slim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users