• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jaymond

Jaymond

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • au

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hi there, I'm an Aussie on the YMS and my time is up in a few months.

I want to work up until the very end, but wouldn't mind doing a little travel in nearby countries once the visa has expired.

So here are my questions:

1. How long can I wait after my visa has expired until I have to leave the country?
2. If I leave the UK before the visa end date, and come back a few days after the end date (flights back to AUS are better from London), will this cause issues?

thanks in advance.

Jay

#2 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

1. You have to leave the UK when the visa expires. (If you overstay for under 28 days there may not be any issues with any future visas unless also working, but you would be an overstayer after the visa expires.)

2. You can return o the UK as a visitor anytime after your current visa expires however you may be questioned at immigration as to the purpose of the trip and whether you intend to return to your country of citizenship, entry is not guaranteed. Proof of a booked onward flight may be useful.

#3 Jaymond

Jaymond

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • au

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:15 PM

1. You have to leave the UK when the visa expires. (If you overstay for under 28 days there may not be any issues with any future visas unless also working, but you would be an overstayer after the visa expires.)

2. You can return o the UK as a visitor anytime after your current visa expires however you may be questioned at immigration as to the purpose of the trip and whether you intend to return to your country of citizenship, entry is not guaranteed. Proof of a booked onward flight may be useful.

Thanks for the info Mutly.

Currently I'm planning a short holiday in Greece which means I'll be out of the country on the date my visa expires, and will come back in as a visitor at Gatwick. I have a one-way flight booked from Heathrow back to Aus a few days after that.

Can anyone tell me what the chances are of having problems re-entering the UK?
Is there any way I can be prepared other than having a copy of my ticket back to Aus?
What will be my options if they decide not to let me back in?

Thanks very much in advance.

Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users