2 replies to this topic

#1 jimrobin

jimrobin

• Platinum Members
  • 85 posts
  • england

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hi all.
A friend submitted an application for citizenship in the first days of February after one year of ILR under Legacy, application was received by UK the following day, money got taken out of his account exactly one week after submission of application- 9th of February and up till now is yet to receive an acknowlegement letter to the application.
From my observation of these forums, even one month is enough to get a decision, yet my pal is still battling with acknowlegement headache. I know it could be worrying but I try to play down the situation and encourage him that he might just receive his positive decision letter instead afterall. He has tried the Nationality helpline number- 08450105200 umpteen times but calsl never get transferred as 'very busy'.
Has anyone found themselves in this kind of situation before?. Many thanks

#2 Kur999

Kur999

• Active Members
  • 188 posts
  • gb

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

Well I don't think acknowledgment letter matter dat much, since ur Frnd's acct has bn debited it means they r on it. It's possible to receive decision letter without receiving acknowledgement letter, i'v read some posts were some pple were granted without receiving acknowledgement letter.
You can ask ur Frnd to contact home office on this number 01516725626 nd tell dem he hasnt receive any letter frm ho

#3 jimrobin

jimrobin

• Platinum Members
  • 85 posts
  • england

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Well I don't think acknowledgment letter matter dat much, since ur Frnd's acct has bn debited it means they r on it. It's possible to receive decision letter without receiving acknowledgement letter, i'v read some posts were some pple were granted without receiving acknowledgement letter.
You can ask ur Frnd to contact home office on this number 01516725626 nd tell dem he hasnt receive any letter frm ho

Many thanks, Kur999, for youe response. he has just called them and was told that his application is being investigated. And they said they have sent an acknowledgement out to him since 3 weeks ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users