Jump to content


Further Leave To Remain Query

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KittyLee


    New Member

  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Location:Melbourne
  • au

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

I entered the UK on an Ancestry Visa when they were given for 4 years (it changed to 5 years not long after I got mine). After spending the 4 years in the UK, I then applied and was granted the Further leave to Remain Visa as I ended up one of those annoying ''in betweeners'' who, because I had the 4 year Ancestry Visa, my route to permanent citizenship was 1 year on the FLR and then I could apply for ILR. I spent a further 18 months in the UK and then came back to Australia for family reasons but with the intention of returning to the UK permanently.

I have now been back in Australia for 18 months, and fully plan to return to the UK once my family situation is sorted out. I guess my question is, will it be fine to return to the UK after being away for so long (Visa expires March 2013), and upon returning, what kind of visa would I apply for once March 2013 comes around? Do I apply to extend the FLR visa?


#2 Victoria


    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:20 AM

It's fine to come back, and yes, you extend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users