4 replies to this topic

#1 NCM

NCM

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hi all,

I was wondering how I work out my IPS Passport Application Number before I receive my interview invitation letter, so that I can call up and schedule the interview?

FYI, I sent my (1st passport) application via check & send so have that reference ID on my Post Office receipt. I used this ID to enquire online about the progress of the application. When I received the reply to this enquiry from IPS (only took about 2 hours! and stated that my application is 'going through the examination process') it had a different reference ID in the subject line of the email. Do you know if I should use that ID, or the ID from my check & send when I am asked for it on the phone? And which phone number is best to call to schedule the interview? I am based in London.

I wouldn't ordinarily worry, but I am going abroad in 5 weeks so just want to get everything moving asap. I have heard that interview lead times are about 10 days in London so I will schedule it today and then wait for the invitation to arrive. I do not want to be worrying about the return of my current passport right before the trip - the delievery of my new UK passport is not so much of a concern, however I believe that they will not return my current passport until I have attended the interview (is that right?).

Thanks in advance
NCM

#2 lonelondoner

lonelondoner

• Platinum Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

HI MCM,

did you get your passport back - i am in the same situation as yours

can you help with what you have experienced so far ?

Hi all,

I was wondering how I work out my IPS Passport Application Number before I receive my interview invitation letter, so that I can call up and schedule the interview?

FYI, I sent my (1st passport) application via check & send so have that reference ID on my Post Office receipt. I used this ID to enquire online about the progress of the application. When I received the reply to this enquiry from IPS (only took about 2 hours! and stated that my application is 'going through the examination process') it had a different reference ID in the subject line of the email. Do you know if I should use that ID, or the ID from my check & send when I am asked for it on the phone? And which phone number is best to call to schedule the interview? I am based in London.

I wouldn't ordinarily worry, but I am going abroad in 5 weeks so just want to get everything moving asap. I have heard that interview lead times are about 10 days in London so I will schedule it today and then wait for the invitation to arrive. I do not want to be worrying about the return of my current passport right before the trip - the delievery of my new UK passport is not so much of a concern, however I believe that they will not return my current passport until I have attended the interview (is that right?).

Thanks in advance
NCM

#3 lonelondoner

lonelondoner

• Platinum Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

HI MCM,

Hi all,

Thanks in advance
NCM

#4 chunky

chunky

• Active Members
  • 68 posts
  • uk

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

HI MCM,

Hi all,

Thanks in advance
NCM

The reference number in the e-mail I believe is the e-mail ref no for their call log

#5 NCM

NCM

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • uk

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

HI MCM,

Hi all,

Thanks in advance
NCM

The reference number in the e-mail I believe is the e-mail ref no for their call log

Chunky is correct, the reference number in the subject heading is simply a log number. It is not the ref of your passport application. Unless somebody can answer otherwise, I think it is just a case of waiting for the invitation. The lead times on appointments are only a day or so anyway (for London), so as soon as you get your letter you should be fine to book an interview.

Good luck!
NCM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users