• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vdo

vdo

• Active Members
  • 63 posts
  • us

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

I'm currently visiting my husband in the UK and will be returning to the US for my study in Sept. I plan to graduate early, the intended date to travel is early Dec. I want to apply for the spousal visa when I get back, sending everything to the UK Consulate in NY before going back to Uni. My husband and I are trying to gather everything we need for the application. Here is my list:

• Passport + 1 passport photo
    Previous passports
    I-20; I-94; + letter confirming enrollment & student status (I'm an international student and have been studying in the US for 3 years)
    Settlement VAFA4A - Fill out online & Print
    (Sponsorship Undertaking Form SU 07) => is it required???
    Priority Receipt (after I pay for it)
Supporting Documents:
Marriage Certificate (married in 2010)
  • Hubby’s Passport (Certified or Colour copy + Long form Birth certificate or Original) => We haven't decided on which way to go but my question is, will I be questioned at the airport for carrying his original passport or birth certificate with me?
    Cover letter + Sponsor’s letter
    His Bank statements (3 months);
    Employment contract or Letter from Employer confirming salary & length of employment. =>He has just graduated from university and just started this job, earning £200+/week. By the time I leave, he will have only 1 pay slip. Will this hurt our chance? Should he explain this in the letter?
    We are staying at my in-laws and will not have to pay rent or any expenses. What should I include for details of accommodation? Land Registry/ Mortgage statements or Council Tax Statements or Utilities bills + Floor Plan + Permission to stay letter? My in-laws are going on holiday at the end of the month so we need to let them know what we need from them so that they can sort it out before they leave.
    Because I'm planning to graduate early, I won't get my diploma to show my degree at the time I apply so I'm taking IELTS to prove that I can speak English later on this month.

Additional:
  • Letter from the Registrar confirming student status, intention to complete all requirements by date/month/year, stating Diplomas are issued in June only
    Current Official Transcripts
    CV from both of us
    His Flight itineraries for UK->US in 2010 & 2011 ;
    My Flight itineraries for US->UK 2010 & 2011
    Screenshots of email inbox - highlighting no. of emails
    Screenshots of Skype’s call list - highlighting long calls
    Cards + envelopes (with stamps & date posted)
    Several photos of us together
Photocopies of all the above

Am I missing something?

#2 aaaabbb

aaaabbb

Prefered Member

• Immigration Solicitors
  • 616 posts
  • england

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

I'm currently visiting my husband in the UK and will be returning to the US for my study in Sept. I plan to graduate early, the intended date to travel is early Dec. I want to apply for the spousal visa when I get back, sending everything to the UK Consulate in NY before going back to Uni. My husband and I are trying to gather everything we need for the application. Here is my list:

• Passport + 1 passport photo
    Previous passports
    I-20; I-94; + letter confirming enrollment & student status (I'm an international student and have been studying in the US for 3 years)
    Settlement VAFA4A - Fill out online & Print
    (Sponsorship Undertaking Form SU 07) => is it required???
    Priority Receipt (after I pay for it)
Supporting Documents:
Marriage Certificate (married in 2010)
  • Hubby's Passport (Certified or Colour copy + Long form Birth certificate or Original) => We haven't decided on which way to go but my question is, will I be questioned at the airport for carrying his original passport or birth certificate with me?
    Cover letter + Sponsor's letter
    His Bank statements (3 months);
    Employment contract or Letter from Employer confirming salary & length of employment. =>He has just graduated from university and just started this job, earning £200+/week. By the time I leave, he will have only 1 pay slip. Will this hurt our chance? Should he explain this in the letter?
    We are staying at my in-laws and will not have to pay rent or any expenses. What should I include for details of accommodation? Land Registry/ Mortgage statements or Council Tax Statements or Utilities bills + Floor Plan + Permission to stay letter? My in-laws are going on holiday at the end of the month so we need to let them know what we need from them so that they can sort it out before they leave.
    Because I'm planning to graduate early, I won't get my diploma to show my degree at the time I apply so I'm taking IELTS to prove that I can speak English later on this month.

Additional:
  • Letter from the Registrar confirming student status, intention to complete all requirements by date/month/year, stating Diplomas are issued in June only
    Current Official Transcripts
    CV from both of us
    His Flight itineraries for UK->US in 2010 & 2011 ;
    My Flight itineraries for US->UK 2010 & 2011
    Screenshots of email inbox - highlighting no. of emails
    Screenshots of Skype's call list - highlighting long calls
    Cards + envelopes (with stamps & date posted)
    Several photos of us together
Photocopies of all the above

Am I missing something?

Sounds reasonably comprehensive to me but can't be 100% certain without doing a full document check.

Incidentally, is there any reason for taking his original ID docs? You could just have them certified here before you travel.

SU 07 not required for spouse visas. Get a letter from the employer confirming permenant job and confirming salary - also contract of employment if it's been issued.

Have your in-laws write you a letter confirming that they own the property, Land Reg papers, floor plan, survey if they have it from when purchasing the house (but no need to pay to have one done now), also mortgage statement.

Emails etc - include some of the email conversations as well as a screenshot.

EDIT: I've just seen you're other posts and now know that you're not a US Citizen so what I said about being exempt from English language test doesn't apply & have removed this from the post.

Edited by Talbots Law, 08 August 2011 - 11:14 PM.

#3 vdo

vdo

• Active Members
  • 63 posts
  • us

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:22 AM

Thank you very much for your reply.
I originally thought I would be exempt from the English language requirement since I will be getting BA degrees from a Uni in the US. The UKBA states that if the applicant is waiting for graduation, a letter from the University confirming student status, English is the language being used in teaching & researching, issue date of the degree (in my case June). So just to be on the safe side, I decided to re-take IELTS.
Regarding the accommodation details, must the Land registry papers be original? Can it be a copy accompanied by an original letter from my in-laws?
My in-laws just decided to be the 3rd party sponsor since my husband just started his job ( A letter confirming his employment, salary, hours/week will be provided by the employer). But what do my in-laws need to provide for me? A letter stating they would be sponsoring us financially until we can be on our feet, bank statements? They are self-employed and have income from properties.
Thank you

#4 luceuk

luceuk

• Active Members
  • 71 posts
  • england

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:19 PM

Good luck to you vdo + hubby please keep us updated on your application x

#5 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,392 posts
  • uk

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

They will need to submit bank statements and a letter confirming 3rd party support.

#6 vdo

vdo

• Active Members
  • 63 posts
  • us

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

Thank you Luceuk, I'll be sure to update you. Hope you & your baby are well.
Thank you Susi for your reply.
Just another question.My in-laws have recently provided me with their 6 months bank statements. However, the latest one they have is for July, which they received in august. I'm leaving for the US and applying in early Sept and the August statement won't arrive by then. I'm worried about the 28 days bank statements rule. What shall I do? Can they make a note of this in their supporting letter? Print out whatever it is for August at the moment from online banking? There is a consistent pattern throughout all the statements as the ending balance has always been the same positive amount every month. I will also have a letter from their accountant confirming their income last year.
Please advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users