25 replies to this topic

#21 maria elizabeth

maria elizabeth

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • in

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Good Day to All,

I am very pleased to inform you that my daughter received her new passport in London. As advised earlier by you she would carry both the passport while travelling to India in December. This forum was great. I am very grateful for the co-operation and valuable suggestion especially from Mutly and others. Looking forward for further useful tips at the time of my daughter's naturalisation in u.k.

Regards

Maria

#22 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Thanks! :) Naturalisation after holding the PR card for a year should be straightforward.
She needs to do the Life in The UK Test. It doesn't expire so she can do it anytime that suits her.
Absences from the UK need to be under 540 days in the five years preceeding the naturalisation application und under 90 days in the final year preceeding it. There is of course no problem with visiting India, she just needs to bear these limits in mind if travelling often/for a long time. Retain proof of continued residence in the UK after the PR was issued as well, that can be payslips, contracts, P60s, bank statements, rent/mortgage receipts, council tax etc.Sometimes passports are sufficient alone to show a lack of excess absences, just best to have other documents available if needed.

#23 maria elizabeth

maria elizabeth

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • in

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Mutly for your prompt and valuable advice. My daughter would keep all the documents when she travels to India. I wish and hope successful PR to other members who are waiting decision for their application.

Regards

Maria

#24 maria elizabeth

maria elizabeth

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • in

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Good Day,

I would like to bring to your notice about the most important aspect related to my daughter. At the time of divorce her ex husband executed indemnity bond for the mortgage of their flats which they owned jointly agreeing to take the mortgage and payments of EMI in his favour thereby releasing my daughter from the loan.

He got married a couple of months back. He approached the bank and the mortgage company to transfer the mortgage on his name to which they have flatly refused. Previously their joint salary was sufficient to show as mortgage. As his present single salary is not matching for the mortgage, is there any way if he could show his 2nd wife's salary and job contract to transfer the mortgage on her name and free my daughter from the mortgage.

My daughter was paying high rent all these period as she was waiting deliberately waiting for her PR. Having achieved it she wants to take mortgage to buy house of her own. She has well paid job in uk. Please suggest what should be done to procure fresh mortgage in her name. We heard that no mortgage company would ever agree to pay if the old mortgage is not settled. Her former husband has taken the custody of the house , including furniture and other valuables of the house. He is paying EMI regularly.

Anxiously awaiting your early advice and suggestion

Regards

Maria

#25 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Sorry, I've been away from the forum, but unfortunately I can't help with this anyway, I don't know anything about the relevant law. Unfortunately it'll be necessary to see a financial advisor or solicitor who works with banking law.

#26 maria elizabeth

maria elizabeth

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • in

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Thanks Mutly for your prompt reply. Casualwalk has sent me the forum moneysavingexpert.com. I shall be posting my daughter's mortgage problem there.

Regards

Maria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users