2 replies to this topic

#1 ABaba

ABaba

• Platinum Members
  • 13 posts
  • uk

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:17 AM

Hello all,

I need your help please. My sister has a work permit which expires in 2014 (was issued in 2009), she recently made an application for her dependants on form FLR 0 for her three children, who were on her old permit (2007). She just received a refusal letter mainly saying that her stay permit expired in 2007, hence she and her 3 children need to leave the country in a week and she does not have the right to appeal. There is also 8 pages of blurp sent saying mostly that the Human rights act does not apply in her situation. The right course of action would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
TJ

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • br

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

You have not given sufficient information so nobody knows why or how this has happened. Why can't you sister ask her own questions by giving the full details of her immigration history and the exact wording of the refusal letter?

#3 ABaba

ABaba

• Platinum Members
  • 13 posts
  • uk

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

a

You have not given sufficient information so nobody knows why or how this has happened. Why can't you sister ask her own questions by giving the full details of her immigration history and the exact wording of the refusal letter?

Many thank you for your response. The reason I posted the question on her behalf is because she is worried silly and has no one else to turn to. I am trying to find out the best course of action she needs to take now as I know this is critical.

The letter she received stated that she has applied to stay in the UK on “compassionate grounds”, but this was far from the truth.

She applied like I said before for the extension of her dependants on form FLR 0. So this refusal was confusing as it did not take into account everything she sent to the HO.

Here’s an excerpt from the letter:

“On September you applied for leave to remain indicated on the application form under the category, Other purpose/ reason not covered by other application form. This request is consider to e outside the rules on compassionate grounds. The Secretary of State is not satisfied leave to remain is being sought for a purpose covered by Immigration Rule.

An application was made on 8 September 2011. However, your leave to remain expired on 28 September 2007, therefore you do not have the leave to remain....”

When the work permit was issued to her in 2009 by her new employer she was asked to travel back to her home country to have it endorsed on her passport which she did.

So this letter was a bit confusing giving her until next week Friday to call the regional case worker and that if she didn’t an enforcement order will be served on her"

I will really appreciate any input on what to do.

Many thanks
TJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users