Photo

Register A Child Born In Uk As British Citizen And Lived There Up To The Age Of 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 howlong

howlong

• Platinum Members
  • 82 posts
  • england

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

To all members,

My children were born in UK, been living in UK since born (in March 2012 clocks10 years)and have spent no more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in these years.
As specified in the T form, my children have to prove 10 years of residence in UK since born.
What type of evidences are normally accepted?School Photos,school letters, GP letters.photos taken in UK.
I also find it is very hard to show evidence since born up to 3 years(playgroup) as they had not been officially attending school/paygroup.Were vaccinations(child's health record)taken during the first three years be sufficient?Any suggestions please that would be best to prove that my children had been living in uk since born up to 3/4 years old.
Kindly advise.Thx.

#2 moon1234

moon1234

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 676 posts
  • gb

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

hello howlong did u get your child british citizenship?

#3 moon1234

moon1234

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 676 posts
  • gb

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

hello howlong my daughter will be 10 years old in 8 month time who born here in uk and lived for whole life here. I want to apply for british citizen on april 2013, but we (me and my wife are overstayers). How it works? is it easy to get a british citizenship for my daughter? Does your child got a british citizenship? Please share your story.

#4 moon1234

moon1234

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 676 posts
  • gb

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

hello howlong did your child get a britishcitizenship? could you share your story? how hard or easy to get a british citizenship for a children born in uk and lived for 10 years? My child also going to be 10 years old in august 2013?

#5 howlong

howlong

• Platinum Members
  • 82 posts
  • england

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Hi moon 1234
Sorry for replying late. Just got your message. Yes they had been granted British citizrnship. It took 3 mths to be granted but of course this may vary depending on individual circumstances
When is your child 10th birthday?
When he/she reaches 10 years old and has been living in UK since birth,the child can acquire British citizenship. Once granted, the child will be issued a certificate of registration as a British citizen, You could then apply for the British passport with the certificate.
Your child does need to prove 10 years of residency in UK since birth i.e school letters, GP, red medical book and other supporting documents,vaccinations and etc. moon124, to be honest, you do need a legal advisor to assist and give you more opinion as every individual's circumstances is different.

#6 moon1234

moon1234

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 676 posts
  • gb

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for your kind information.God bless you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users