Home Secretary Alan Johnson said "30% of migrants who came into the UK were on student visas and a number were adults taking short courses, not degrees."
Tiers 4 system covers two sub categories:
- General Student - for foreign students who make entry to UK for the post-16 education and known as Adult Student.
- Child Student - for foreign student between 4 to 16 years old for study at independent schools.
Who is eligible and general requirements:
- According to new rules student must be aged 18 or over.
- All foreign applicants who want to apply for tier 4 student visa have a good standard of English rather then the beginner level.
- Working hours may reduce, now below degree level courses student will be allowed to work in UK only for 10 hours a week, instead of 20 hours as old system. Also, a student applying to a course shorter than 6 months is not allowed to work at all.
- Educational institutions offering study places to foreign student will need to attain the status of approved education provider that is inspected or audited by Higher Education Officers.
- All students who make a UK visa application will abide by the rules of the UK Boarder Agency and all institutions, universities need to demonstrate that they are following the rules of certificates of sponsorship which act as verification from an institute.
Remember you can still take advantage to study in UK if you submit right documents and follow legal process.
About the Author
For UK visas and immigration visit UK Visa and UK Tier 4 visa website. Both websites offers free information on different countries visas.
<U>Useful and Relevant UK Immigration Forum Discussions:
- Student Visa Extension Refused After 21Months
- Extending Student Visa- Urgent
- Student Visa Refused, Should I Go For Administrative Review?
- Student Visa And Dependants
- Student Visa Refused, Right Of Appeal
- Urgent Help Needed. Student Visa Rejected For Cas Number.
- Does Time Left On Student Visa Counts...?
- Student Visa To Spouse Visa</U>
Click here to view the article