Jump to content


New article: Tier 4 UK Student Visa Requirements

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rizwan R

Rizwan R

    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK
  • Interests:http://www.visasinfo.com/
  • gb

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

UK Immigration and the UK Boarder Agency introduced the new point based tier 4 system for foreign nationals who are applying for a UK student visa. The Tier 4 student category introduced in March 2009, makes entry to the UK strict and is intended to stop any alleged abuse of the student visa system.

Home Secretary Alan Johnson said "30% of migrants who came into the UK were on student visas and a number were adults taking short courses, not degrees."

Tiers 4 system covers two sub categories:

  • General Student - for foreign students who make entry to UK for the post-16 education and known as Adult Student.
  • Child Student - for foreign student between 4 to 16 years old for study at independent schools.

Who is eligible and general requirements:

  • According to new rules student must be aged 18 or over.
  • All foreign applicants who want to apply for tier 4 student visa have a good standard of English rather then the beginner level.
  • Working hours may reduce, now below degree level courses student will be allowed to work in UK only for 10 hours a week, instead of 20 hours as old system. Also, a student applying to a course shorter than 6 months is not allowed to work at all.
  • Educational institutions offering study places to foreign student will need to attain the status of approved education provider that is inspected or audited by Higher Education Officers.
  • All students who make a UK visa application will abide by the rules of the UK Boarder Agency and all institutions, universities need to demonstrate that they are following the rules of certificates of sponsorship which act as verification from an institute.
The above points shows the UK Boarder Agency has adopted a strict policy intended to ensure that genuine foreign students can take advantage of study in the UK and to stop illegal immigrants to enter the UK as bogus students.

Remember you can still take advantage to study in UK if you submit right documents and follow legal process.

About the Author
For UK visas and immigration visit UK Visa and UK Tier 4 visa website. Both websites offers free information on different countries visas.

<U>Useful and Relevant UK Immigration Forum Discussions:

Click here to view the article

#2 mercysmith


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Location:dublin
  • ie

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

If you want to go abroad for higher studies then you should need a visa that is student visa. Student visa is issue to study at an institution of higher learning in the issuing country. The age and language factors are the most important for issuing a student visa. Your age should be 18 and you have a good knowledge of English.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users