2 replies to this topic

#1 ALG

ALG

Prefered Member

• Moderators
  • 1,114 posts
  • ae

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

This is a quick guide to legacy. If you're a legacy case, you're advised to read this article and contribute your experience to the attached discussion thread.

First of all, you need to know who is your team and make sure you send to your right team, enter your reference number here:

Who is processing my Legacy Case

Then start to gather all the information regarding yourself to support your case, this can include questions such as :

• What have you been doing in the UK since you applied ? Studies? Work?
  • How are you linked to the UK now ? Library, ym, place of worship..etc.
  • Why the caseworker should grant you ILR, on which merite? law abiding citizen, never committed a crime
  • Any compassionate ground? like if you are ill, anyone in your family who is ill ? may relatives dead...etc.
  • Family life if married or live with someone?
You should ask yourself all those question and answer them in letter style directed to the caseworker who will decide your case and who you will hopefully convince that you deserve having ILR (you need to know that everything you send to the Home Office will be recorded and kept in your file, even calls)

Send all supporting documents with that letter to your team, it's a good idea to also send your pictures and if you are lucky you can get your ILR, like member ramsay2010.

Once all done, you can call your legacy team every now and then, maybe once a month to check for any updates.

Check your reference number if it's still there, ( twice a day, once in the morning and once in the afternoon or evening). If it's not there and says:

Search results
No results found for reference number ***********

Please check that the number above is correct. You must enter the full reference number in the search box.

If you have entered the correct number but no result is displayed, or if you do not know your full Home Office reference, please contact the Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 0870 606 7766 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Then it's more likely that a decision was made and more likely that is ILR.

This is so far how the Legacy team operates. You have to bear in mind that this might change, that's why you have to visit the ukresident.com legacy forum daily, to keep up to date and to share your experience and give as much as you get. We all learnt from others and we now pass our experience on to you.

All the best and I hope you will take the lead.

IMPORTANT:
If you have any issue it's better to come clean right at the begining than leaving it until you are granted. Things like name or Date of Birth that needs to be changed.

Have any questions? Join the discussion >>

Click here to view the article

#2 jaunali

jaunali

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • england

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

salam bro (ALG) i came to this country in 2004 and overstayed my tourist visa and in 2007 i done the application for human right but still waiting for reply so will it considered in legacy or its different and also dose it take this long
pls advice me if u know something
thnks
salam

#3 ALG

ALG

Prefered Member

• Moderators
  • 1,114 posts
  • ae

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

I am sorry my friend, I have no advise, keep looking in the forum, everything is changing and back then things were diffeen than now may be, so can't help, sorry , wish you all the best

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users