When you submit a Marriage application form, you must:
• Bring evidence of your names, addresses, ages and nationalities - if you have been married before, you will need to show evidence that you are now free to marry; and
• Give your certificate of approval to the registrar. (If you register in Scotland or Northern Ireland by post, you will need to photocopy the sticker in your passport and send the photocopy to the registrar with your marriage or civil partnership notice papers.)
Setting up a wedding with the services of a wedding planner is relatively easy, but you need to have your paperwork in order. A couple who intends to be married in British State must apply in person for a marriage license to any Town or City Clerk in the state. Marriage Application Form can be obtained on-line at this website, to be filled out by the bride and groom and submitted in person to obtain license.
If you are coming to the UK from overseas to get married, you must have either a fiancé or fiancée or marriage visitor visa in your passport in order to give notice to a Registrar to marry. If you are already in UK, you will need to either have settled status in the UK, or apply to the Home Office for a certificate of approval before giving notice to marry to a Registrar.
If you are currently in UK as a Visitor, you are not permitted to apply for a visa on the basis of your marriage or civil partnership. You may apply for a visa on the basis of Marriage application form within the UK provided you have received Entry Clearance from a British Embassy or British Mission outside the UK for that purpose or if you are currently in the United Kingdom with a valid visa that was issued for more than 6 months and you have been given permission to marry or engage in a civil partnership by obtaining a Certificate of Approval which is required by UK Law.
About the Author
Marriage Application Form is provided by Mr. Abdul Kadir. He is heading Visa Advice registered by the OISC. He is an expert in immigration matters having had years of experience in helping people in immigration matters.
Useful and Relevant UK Immigration Forum Discussions:
- Marriage Visa/application
- Urgent Help - Marriage Visa Application (zimbabwean)
- Help Marriage Application Refused
- Fresh From Start - Marriage Application
- pending application marriage for overstayer
- Withdrawing our marriage FLR(M) application
Click here to view the article