9 replies to this topic

#1 riazafr

riazafr

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • england

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hello Good Evening,

Sorry i am new here and asking a question first time.

I am married to a polish national for the last 2 years now but living in uk for 5 years when i applied for permanent resident as we only lived together for 2 years but i have been legal in UK for more than 5 years all together so 3 years on student visa and then 2 years with my wife. When me and my wife applied for EEA3 & EEA4 after one month my wife got permanent residency but they sent me letter that your case and all the papers will be sent to you in six months after decision.

Can some one tell what are the chances i will get permanent residence ?

Thanks alot

#2 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

When did you start living in the UK?
When did your wife start living in the UK?
When did you get married, was it in the UK, if not, when did you return after marriage?
Did you apply for a residence card as an unmarried partner at some point?

The date of marriage is important as well as living together, and for permanent residence you need five years of residence under the European rules.

#3 riazafr

riazafr

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • england

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

When did you start living in the UK?
When did your wife start living in the UK?
When did you get married, was it in the UK, if not, when did you return after marriage?
Did you apply for a residence card as an unmarried partner at some point?

The date of marriage is important as well as living together, and for permanent residence you need five years of residence under the European rules.

Thanks for your reply

i started living in uk oct 2006,
my wife came uk in april 2006
we married in uk, October 2009
i applied in october after marriage and after one month i got resident card for 5 years.
since we lived together 2 years and in total i lived for 5 years legal in uk so when my wife was applying for permanent resident card i applied with her as well. she got in one month her permanent residency and i got a letter COA that we will process your case in 6 months from the date of the letter they sent which was january 10.

do you think they considering my case because if they didn't want to give they would have sent it with my wife one or ??

What do you think ?

#4 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

This is when you commenced residing in the UK under the European rules. Before then when you had the student visa you resided under the national rules. The two periods can't be added together for permanent residence, you will become a permanent resident five years after the date of marriage. So unfortunately your application won't succeed, sorry not to have better news.

i got a letter COA that we will process your case in 6 months from the date of the letter they sent which was january 10.

It is normal that an EEA4 application can take longer than EEA3, that doesn't mean anything good or bad. However when it's processed the HO will see that you weren't resident under the European rules before the date of marriage. As your existing residence card is valid, you most likely won't be issued with anything, if the residence card were not already issued, you would be issued one.

The situation would only be different if you had been issued a residence card before marriage as an aunmarried partner or if you were resident under the European rules before marriage through another EEA family member such as a parent.

#5 riazafr

riazafr

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • england

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

This is when you commenced residing in the UK under the European rules. Before then when you had the student visa you resided under the national rules. The two periods can't be added together for permanent residence, you will become a permanent resident five years after the date of marriage. So unfortunately your application won't succeed, sorry not to have better news.

i got a letter COA that we will process your case in 6 months from the date of the letter they sent which was january 10.

It is normal that an EEA4 application can take longer than EEA3, that doesn't mean anything good or bad. However when it's processed the HO will see that you weren't resident under the European rules before the date of marriage. As your existing residence card is valid, you most likely won't be issued with anything, if the residence card were not already issued, you would be issued one.

The situation would only be different if you had been issued a residence card before marriage as an aunmarried partner or if you were resident under the European rules before marriage through another EEA family member such as a parent.

Finally i got the permanent residence !!! seeeeee i am lucky

#6 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

Congratulations! :)

But I'd be interested if you can let us know how. Was it form EEA4? Although you lived in the UK for five years, you were only covered by the European rules after marriage, what documents did you send for your and your wife for the last five years?

#7 riazafr

riazafr

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • england

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Congratulations! :)

But I'd be interested if you can let us know how. Was it form EEA4? Although you lived in the UK for five years, you were only covered by the European rules after marriage, what documents did you send for your and your wife for the last five years?

yeah i had EEA4 and we sent together because my wife lived and worked for 5 years in UK so she was due for permanent resident. i sent as well. we did separate paperwork. she sent her all 5 years proof of address payslips p60s and i sent my all 5 years bill bank statement pay slips p60s and my GP letter that i am registered with them for the last 5 years. i took two reference letters confirming that i lived 5 years and i have good character. All this and i had a good news. now i am thinking CAn i apply for Naturalisation in October bcoz i will be 6 years in uk !!! confused?? or i have to wait one year on permanent resident ?

#8 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

But you got married in 2009 and you sent your marriage certificate with this date on it?

now i am thinking CAn i apply for Naturalisation in October bcoz i will be 6 years in uk !!! confused?? or i have to wait one year on permanent resident ?

You need to be a permanent resident for a year unless your wife has become a British citizen. Also you need to do the Life in the UK Test for citizenship.

#9 askmeplz82

askmeplz82

• Active Members
  • 249 posts
  • uk

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

well this is really really strange; never heard UKBA issue PR after 3 years marriage under EU law.  

i know this is old post.  :larf:

Edited by askmeplz82, 12 August 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#10 Leonex45

Leonex45

Leonex45

• Platinum Members
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Human Rights.
  • england

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

well this is really really strange; never heard UKBA issue PR after 3 years marriage under EU law.  

i know this is old post.  :larf:

There is no right like that under EU law.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users