Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:55 PM
1) Can you please let me know whether any checks will be conducted in respect of the partner of the main applicant as part of the application?
2) Will partners and dependants of the main applicant all need to take the Life in the UK Test when applying for indefinite leave to remain?
3) Will the application of the partner or dependant for indefinite leave to remain be assisted in any way by a successful application of the applicant?
4) Is it preferable to apply from within the UK or from outside the UK?
5) Is there a set deadline by which the applicant applying from outside the UK under the Investor category must enter the UK?
Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:13 PM
2) Yes (unless they are exempt - see exemptions) but in five years the rules may be completely different.
3) The former is completly contingent on the sucess of the latter.
4) The rules are applied equally to submissions in either location.
5) The expiry date of the visa.
Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:22 PM
Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:25 PM
Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:31 PM
Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:42 PM
Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:52 PM
It strikes me as quite odd that the dependants/partners don't need to satisfy any residence criteria for ILR. Is it the same when the main applicant applies for naturalisation (i.e. the satisfaction by the applicant of requirements is sufficient for dependants/partners to qualify)?
Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:53 PM
Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:16 AM
Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:37 AM
If the spouse and main applicant have spent too much time apart the UKbA may question whether it is a genuine relationship.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users