2 replies to this topic

#1 Bridgetbones

Bridgetbones

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • england

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Hello,
My YMV is due to run out in December 2012 but I would like to stay. I have found a job at as an SEN teacher (on the shortage list) and they are willing to sponsor me. I know I will have to leave the country to apply for the Tier 2.
Here are my questions -
Assuming I have the funds in my account and an eligible employer, do you see any problem in my changing from tier 5 to tier 2 in this way?
Approximately how long will the application take (as in how long will I have to be in Australia)?
I am going back to Australia in Sept for a wedding - could I apply for the sponsorship visa then, 3 months before my YMV is up?
If I cannot apply earlier, can I leave the UK and apply from a country other than Australia ( for example Germany)?
Is there anyone who can help with more information on this process? I have found it quite hard to find information.
Many thanks,
Bridget

#2 vinny

vinny

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7,885 posts
  • ch

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

You may apply for Tier 2 from Australia at any time, when you're ready.

#3 Nakitt

Nakitt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • england

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

We've just done this, so hope our experience can help enlighten you as there is little to no reassuring feedback online when switching visas like this!

There should be no problem with you changing from tier 5 to 2 if you're out of the country and can prove your funds and employment with the company willing to sponsor you.

Applications take 2-3 weeks on average, our's was done in 4 days but there is a waiting period when your passport is posted back to you afterwards. Generally the turnaround time is quite fast, but sometimes it does vary.

I'm pretty sure you're allowed to apply before your time is up on your current visa. My partner's ran out in January and he applied for his sponsorship in early November and there were no issues raised. But no, you have to be in your 'home' country in order to apply for the visa.

Good luck! As long as you have all your paperwork in order then you'll be fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users