• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 ali5890

ali5890

• Active Members
  • 170 posts
  • gb

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

So now I guess, just have to wait till Aug 10th when I go to court and receive my ban + fine :bawling: then wait till next year when the new rules kicks in, stay out of trouble for the next 12months so i don't have any convictions and hopefully apply for naturalization.

In order words, the new exemption rules does come to advantage in the sense that the court fine will be spent in 1year rather that 5years and provided you only have 1 conviction within that time, then there is no problem declaring it to UKBA especially when it has been spent and hopefully these shouldn't be a ground for refusal.

Other bit i'm still trying to get clarification is does the (Court Fine only) become spent 1 year from the date of conviction or starts 1 year after the conviction as been spent? Been reading different articles and all is not pretty clear in regards to Court Fine only.

Some are saying this will become spent from date of conviction (concurrently) and some saying will become spent 1year after conviction ends.

e.g Got driving ban + court fine for 12months from Aug 2012, so both would now be spent come Aug 2013 or the court fine will start once ban is finished 2013 and will become spent Aug 2014 (1 year)?

Will post reply from UKBA once they get back to me.

Clock will start ticking from the date of conviction.

#22 jones78

jones78

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • gb

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

I arrived to the United Kingdom, from Sierra Leone on 21st November 1999. On October 30th 2005 I was given indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom, I have applied for a passport in the past and was advised that I should be naturalised. I sent off the relevant ID required along with the requested fee, to no avail.

22nd June 2005 I was convicted of possessing listed false instrument, for which I spent 3 months in prison came out on August 30th (9 months sentence). Previously I was informed by a member of staff at the Home Office that, should I apply for a British Citizenship before 22/03/2011 it is likely to be unsuccessful, please can you inform me on what grounds my applications will be unsuccessful. I now want to know what my options are on obtaining a British Passport if you could give me any advice, I would be extremely grateful.

#23 ali5890

ali5890

• Active Members
  • 170 posts
  • gb

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I arrived to the United Kingdom, from Sierra Leone on 21st November 1999. On October 30th 2005 I was given indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom, I have applied for a passport in the past and was advised that I should be naturalised. I sent off the relevant ID required along with the requested fee, to no avail.

22nd June 2005 I was convicted of possessing listed false instrument, for which I spent 3 months in prison came out on August 30th (9 months sentence). Previously I was informed by a member of staff at the Home Office that, should I apply for a British Citizenship before 22/03/2011 it is likely to be unsuccessful, please can you inform me on what grounds my applications will be unsuccessful. I now want to know what my options are on obtaining a British Passport if you could give me any advice, I would be extremely grateful.

According to the new guideline, You have to wait until 7 years have lapsed, since the end of your sentence. (and not the date of conviction, unlike before) Also you have o declare your conviction.

#24 jones78

jones78

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • gb

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

thanks that means i can apply this year either in march or april

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users