Jump to content

- - - - -

Secondment And Working In The Eu ... Australian On Yms Visa

EEA YMS France Visa Australia

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MDMcLean


    New Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Location:North Devon
  • england

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

Hi there!

I have a complicated question to ask and this site seemed the perfect place to ask a question? Lots of helpful people and I am hoping you can help me?!

Does anyone know anything about Secondment Rules.... working in the EU (France) as a UK resident, getting paid into a UK bank account on a UK NI and all the rest.

I am a 24yr old Australian been working here in the UK for 6 months on the Tier 5 Youth mobility Scheme Visa. Technically under a lot of Visa and NHS and jargon I am considered a UK Resident. Yes a Temporary one, but still a UK resident for now. My NI is the same as a resident, as is NHS, and my bank account is as a UK resident.

I am looking for Ski work for Winter 2012/13 and have had a few interviews where it is getting real complicated to explain my eligibility. I want to work in France for a UK Ski Company that hires UK Residents and pays them in £££ and everything which is what they all do because being paid through the French system is a nightmare apparently and the tax is just ridiculous. So they are basically UK employees seconded to work in France. Obviously UK residents with UK passports can work in the EU so normally this is no issue. However although I, as an Australian

So I have a 2 year Youth Mobility Scheme Visa permitting me to work in anything other than Dentistry basically and there are some conditions on self employment but otherwise pretty open.

Now, I can get a French Working Holiday Visa to allow me to work in France and enter France multiple times etc. I can get this Visa from the UK as techincally I am considered a Temprary UK resident and can apply and fill everything out from London. But I can't be hired on a French Visa, I have to be hired as a UK resident or they have to pay me through the french system and they get taxed a lot and have to register as a french business blah blah blah. So Should I get a French Working Holiday Visa to allow me to work IN France and enter France but then just get paid and be eligible for work and NI from my UK visa?

Any body who knows anything about any of these secondment rules? Any advice?!

Thanks a million in advance!

Have a great Day!


#2 Victoria


    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

I'm not sure whether or not the UK authorities really care. It may be that French tax rules are being flouted but that's all. No UK laws are being breached.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users