Photo

Can A Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa Holder Start Food Business.?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Adotani

Adotani

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

Iam on PSW visa which will expire in June 2013.

I am intending to join food business with one of my friend who is the owner of that business, my questions are

1. Can a PSW visa holder start business on his/her name.?

2. If I switch from PSW to tier 1 Entrepreneur, will I be able to run Food business on my name, (my friend says I have to start business according to my Degree which is MBA)

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,142 posts
  • br

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Can you describe what you mean by "food business" and what aspect of that will be skilled to graduate level? The nature of the business must be at graduate level but it does not necessarily have to be the specific discipline or area relevant to your degree.

Other than the work necessary to administer the business, your main business activity must be working at graduate level. We will not take into account the tasks involved with the running of the business for this assessment.
For example
• If the business is software sales and your main activity is developing software, you may qualify for points;
• If the business is a taxi firm, the main occupation is driving a taxi and you will not score points even though you manage the business. Your main activity is providing a taxi service which is not skilled to graduate level.Guidance on what is a graduate level occupation (also called level 4 and above of the National Qualifications Framework) is available in the codes of practice which are available on our website: http://www.ukba.home...odesofpractice/

#3 Adotani

Adotani

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

I intend to buy a "GOGO PIZZA" franchise, which is a pizza shop.
I will be managing it.

#4 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,142 posts
  • br

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

No, it's not a Level 4 profession so you won't qualify. (Obviously this assumes you intend to apply with the 50K PSW switching concession rather than 200K)

1223 Restaurant and catering managers,Canteen manager, Catering manager, Fish and chip shopkeeper, Restaurant manager, Restaurateur
Section I – accommodation and food service activities
Borderline NQF 3

http://www.ukba.home...pdf?view=Binary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users