• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 frankiez

frankiez

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • england

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

hi everyone, am kinda new here but wanted to know if anyone out there knows the current waiting times for the flr (o) application. i was an illegal entrant and then got married to my wife ( british citizen). we had a son before the wedding and about 2 weeks after the wedding the H/O called us in for an interview. my solicitor had most of my paperwork and advised that we should go for the interview and sent in a fax to the H/O letting them know that she was in the process of putting together my application. i was then granted temporary admission and advised to send in my application as soon as....on 15 may 2012 my application was posted in and my solicitor got the acknowledgement of receipt of application from the H/O on 7 june, received biometrics letter on 19 june and done them on 20 june. after that nothing else has been heard from the H/O

i also report to the H/O to sign once every week.

has anyone got the current waiting times please?

thanks

#2 Shawshank

Shawshank

• Active Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • england

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

hi everyone, am kinda new here but wanted to know if anyone out there knows the current waiting times for the flr (o) application. i was an illegal entrant and then got married to my wife ( british citizen). we had a son before the wedding and about 2 weeks after the wedding the H/O called us in for an interview. my solicitor had most of my paperwork and advised that we should go for the interview and sent in a fax to the H/O letting them know that she was in the process of putting together my application. i was then granted temporary admission and advised to send in my application as soon as....on 15 may 2012 my application was posted in and my solicitor got the acknowledgement of receipt of application from the H/O on 7 june, received biometrics letter on 19 june and done them on 20 june. after that nothing else has been heard from the H/O

thanks

I'm exactly in the seem situation as yours (married to British and my baby daughter she is British ) but i have applied 1 month before you i applied in April and i have done my biometric in april , i heard nothing since then !!! I have contacted my MP who called the HO and nothing happened , MY solicitor send in a reminder letter last week asking the HO to make a decision on my application so wait and see , i think all pending application of human right sent this year are still waiting !!! i think you sould do the seem as i did , keep me posted about what happen in your case please as i will do the seem .

#3 frankiez

frankiez

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • england

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

thanks

I'm exactly in the seem situation as yours (married to British and my baby daughter she is British ) but i have applied 1 month before you i applied in April and i have done my biometric in april , i heard nothing since then !!! I have contacted my MP who called the HO and nothing happened , MY solicitor send in a reminder letter last week asking the HO to make a decision on my application so wait and see , i think all pending application of human right sent this year are still waiting !!! i think you sould do the seem as i did , keep me posted about what happen in your case please as i will do the seem .

thanks justice, i will keep you posted.

#4 Shawshank

Shawshank

• Active Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • england

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

thanks

Have you done the English test language ??

#5 frankiez

frankiez

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • england

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

thanks

Have you done the English test language ??

yea i done all it and results were forwarded together with the application

#6 sirdi

sirdi

• Platinum Members
  • 122 posts
  • england

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm waiting mine FLR 'O' APPLICATION SINCE 9TH JAN 2012. NO REPLY.

#7 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Contatcting your MP is a good idea if not already done, they can contact the HO about progress but as in Memou's situation it doesn't guarantee that the HO would take any immediate action on processing the application. Unfortunately it's not unusal that such applications take this long or longer.

#8 Prince74

Prince74

Prince74

• Platinum Members
  • 1,673 posts
  • Interests:Football, cycling, gym
  • england

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Apparently, I called the enquiry line yesterday to get an update on my outstanding FLRO application and was told that there is no published guidance on how long it would take to reconsider refused FLRO applications. From experience, FLRO applications takes longer to conclude and if you are unlucky to have your application refused and you ask for a reconsideration you should be prepared to wait for as long as possible. You will practically be left in limbo!

#9 frankiez

frankiez

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • england

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

Apparently, I called the enquiry line yesterday to get an update on my outstanding FLRO application and was told that there is no published guidance on how long it would take to reconsider refused FLRO applications. From experience, FLRO applications takes longer to conclude and if you are unlucky to have your application refused and you ask for a reconsideration you should be prepared to wait for as long as possible. You will practically be left in limbo!

thanks for all your replies, i think i will contact my MP to see if it can help
something else i wanted to ask, is there a way of knowing who your case worker is in such an application.

thanks

#10 Prince74

Prince74

Prince74

• Platinum Members
  • 1,673 posts
  • Interests:Football, cycling, gym
  • england

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

I asked for the contact details of my caseworker but was told that no one has access to their caseworker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users