• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Prempm

Prempm

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • england

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

I have applied for SET(O) application by August 2012 and still waiting for Biometric Resident invitation letter. What is the expected wait time for it?

Also, how long does the overall processing would take?

I have 2 years of WP and 3 years of Tier 1 General VISA.

In the UKBA website, it states that 95% of application is processed within 6 months, but any member have experience to have received it earlier? If so, how long is the processing time?

Please advice.

#2 Kidjo

Kidjo

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • england

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

July applicants are still waiting for biometric.

#3 hngininthere

hngininthere

• Platinum Members
  • 14 posts
  • in

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

I am also one of the July applicants via SET (O). I received the acknowledgement letter in early August, My situation is similar with 2 years on HSMP plus 3.5 years on Tier 1 (G).

I have not received the Biometric papers. I suppose they will be received IF my application is successful? What are the typical timelines thereafter?

It would help if someone who has been through the process adds to this thread.

#4 mhossan

mhossan

• Active Members
  • 41 posts
  • uk

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

I am also one of the July applicants via SET (O). I received the acknowledgement letter in early August, My situation is similar with 2 years on HSMP plus 3.5 years on Tier 1 (G).

I have not received the Biometric papers. I suppose they will be received IF my application is successful? What are the typical timelines thereafter?

i got my acknowledgment letter on 21st august, still awaiting for bio appointment. application was SET (o) LR

#5 Prempm

Prempm

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • england

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

i got my acknowledgment letter on 21st august, still awaiting for bio appointment. application was SET (o) LR

It would be good to keep this thread going with status of recent SET(O) applications, to help each other in getting some virtual understanding of the current timelines.

#6 Kidjo

Kidjo

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • england

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Applications will not be treated until biometrics is done.

#7 kittykoala

kittykoala

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • au

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

I am in the same situation as the previous forum posters. 2yrs HSMP and 3yrs Tier1. I sent my ILR application on 9 August 2012. I have received an acknowledgement letter but no further correspondence. UKBA promptly took their fee from my credit card the day they received my application, 10 August 2012. I am quite cross as they do not appear to be able to satisfactorily provide the visa processing service I have paid for. There appears to be little recourse to address their appalling service provision. It appears that we will all be waiting at least 8months or longer, with no progress report and almost no access to direct communication with their offices.

The Guardian reported recently that in July this year the total backlog of cases at UKBA was around 300 000. Good grief! I have a mental picture of rooms and rooms of files packed to the ceiling , with my little file sitting at the bottom of a pile in a damp forgotten corner........

#8 NayM

NayM

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • england

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I sent my SET(O) in 23rd May. Still waiting..

#9 Salsburg

Salsburg

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • england

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Hello there everyone.

I have been watching this post for any sign of life at the UKBA!

I have applied in September did bio-metrics on 3rd of December and not heard anything else since.

Can anyone give us a clue?

Cheers.

#10 saydan

saydan

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • england

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I sent my SET(O) in 23rd May. Still waiting..

\

were your cases complex one

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SET (O), settlement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users