Photo
- - - - -

Set(M) Postal Application For Ilr Today - Waiting Times?

set(m) ilr waiting time

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 waitinggame

waitinggame

• Active Members
  • 77 posts
  • england

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

hi,

we applied by post today for ilr using form set(m) after two years of flr(m) leave. Anybody got any idea of current waiting times for straightforward applications ?

thanks

#2 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,447 posts
  • uk

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

hi,

we applied by post today for ilr using form set(m) after two years of flr(m) leave. Anybody got any idea of current waiting times for straightforward applications ?

thanks

4-6 months on average I believe. There's a backlog.

#3 waitinggame

waitinggame

• Active Members
  • 77 posts
  • england

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Sigh. You'd think this application was free the way they mess around, it's far from free. Awful service standards. Can I ask do you know the average wait from personal experience or are you a ukba employee ?

#4 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,447 posts
  • uk

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Sigh. You'd think this application was free the way they mess around, it's far from free. Awful service standards. Can I ask do you know the average wait from personal experience or are you a ukba employee ?

No I'm not a ukba employee. Numerous posts have been made on this and Victoria, from first hand professional experience will probably update this to longer than 6 months in some cases at present.

#5 waitinggame

waitinggame

• Active Members
  • 77 posts
  • england

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Timescale update (to give others an idea). Acknowledgement of application received today 11th Oct.

#6 waitinggame

waitinggame

• Active Members
  • 77 posts
  • england

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Cheque cashed 12th October. Anyone got any ideas how long before biometric request sent out ? (On average).

#7 afiaqas1

afiaqas1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • england

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

hello waiting game i m nearly in the same boat as you
as i applied for set(m) on 12 sep 2012 got my acknowledgment letter the next day
and the fee taken out in several days the only a letter i recived on 5th nov 2012
asking for 2xmy pics and 1xmy partner i sent them the pics in special delivery the got it on 12 november
still waiting no responce hopfully we wil hear sooon from the'm (inshallah)

#8 raj1405

raj1405

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • england

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Applied ILR set m by post and received acknowledgement letter from UKBA dated on 14.09.12 after that no further correspondance..

#9 magpie

magpie

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 619 posts
  • uk

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Hi

We just got our biometric request. It took 11 weeks.

#10 piiwan4941

piiwan4941

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • uk

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

You may have a long wait. My wife had her Biometrics done back in June and we are still waiting for a response from the Home office. If you try to phone them they say they cannot check on the progression of applications made less than six months ago. if you do get through and like us you've been waiting for more than six months, then you have to try and wait for an adviser to be free. But they don't give you a chance to wait, you get a message saying "all our advisers are busy, you will have to try again later" and then the line goes dead. Almost impossible.
My guess is the average waiting time now is anything from 6 months to a year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users