22 replies to this topic

#1 masmune

masmune

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • england

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Hello

My fiancee applied for a visa in July, the person told her that they will contact her in 15 days, after around 17-18 days she received a phone call saying that she has to return to the visa centre for else her visa will get cancelled.

She goes to the visa centre the next day and they make her do the online visa application again or else her visa get cancelled, because they needed a new reference number as the one I did was too old.

The one I did was done in Late April, I was wondering is this the proper procedure? just found it a little strange. I did try to ask Gerrys but they pretended I didn't ask the question..

Also it has been 13 weeks since we have applied, have you got any advice on what the next steps I should take?

I have tried to email Islamabad visa centre but no reply, I was given this contact from Gerrys.

If you need any more detail no not hesitate to ask

Thanks

#2 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Which person told her she would be contacted in 15 days? Someone from Gerry's?

A visa can't be cancelled if it hasn't been issued.

It sounds like an online application was submitted but the appointment (biometrics and document submission) wasn't made in time or wasn't attended in time.

Or was there a written response to the application in April? Has the application been submitted again?

#3 masmune

masmune

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • england

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

It was a person at Gerrys that said they will contact her in 15 days

What has happened is the second time she went there, they got her to apply online again using the same details on the online application that I did, she mentioned something about the guy needing a new reference number.

The first online application that I have done, I have received nothing other than the email you get when you first apply.

The first time my fiancee went to the visa centre, she submitted the document and biometrics data however she did go without an appointment but they accepted the application on that day. After a few days she got an email stating that the application was been passed to the British high commissioner.

After my fiancee applied a new online application, she was given a new reference number and we have heard nothing since, Gerrys only told me that the application has been sent.

My main concern is the start date of the application, We applied on the 5th July which was before the new law about the finance came into effect, 17 days later we was told to create a new online application, what date will it recognize as the date of my visa submission.

I remember when I was doing the online application, there was no mention about how quickly I am suppose to apply for visa after creating an online application....

#4 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Unfortunately I can't tell why a new online application was necessary, except to say that your wife as the applicant needs to be the one who clicks on send.

The first time my fiancee went to the visa centre, she submitted the document and biometrics data however she did go without an appointment but they accepted the application on that day. After a few days she got an email stating that the application was been passed to the British high commissioner.

Was that the 5th of July, or was the new application 17 days later and the visit to the visa application centre after that?

#5 masmune

masmune

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • england

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

5th July is when she first applied at the visa centre, she gave the documents, did a video interview not sure what else, but she said she applied fully on that day.

17 days after 5th July is when they asked her to come to the visa centre and fill out the online application again, I am quite sure that it doesn't matter which one of us does the online application, the only thing the person told my fiancee is that the reference number was too old and he needed a new one.

At the end of the online application, the application was printed out and he took that with him. I did attach the print out with the documents when I did the online application, I recall the print out had a barcode in front. My fiancee told me the same printout was printed on the new one.

I questioned Gerrys about this but they completely ignored me and said we are still waiting for your documents.

#6 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

It appears then that the application was made on the 5th of July, because an online application had been filled out and the documents were accepted at the appointment and, I assume, the fee was paid? But I can't be sure of that.
However it's not normal that the application has to be filled in again unless it expired because the appointment wasn't booked or attended in time, but your wife did attend and documents were accepted. It's also not normal to be asked to come to the visa application centre to fill in the online application there, normally it's done at home and a printed copy brought in. Do you now have a reference number from the application which was accepted?

#7 masmune

masmune

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • england

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Yes she did pay on the 5th of July and the documents was accepted

she may have chosen to do the online application at the visa centre since it takes her around 2-3 hours travelling to the visa centre.

She couldn't have done the online application before she went to the visa centre because the person on the phone would not say why they have called her over. She said at first it was something to do with her finger prints and then when she attend to the appointment it was about the online application.

Just to be clear, when she submitted the documents she did not book an appointment, but I think there was a cue for people who didn't book an appointment? she waiting 5 hours or so for a place.

I have the old and new reference number, I also forget to mention I did email Gerrys with the new reference number asking them on record when was this submitted in, but all they did was check the reference number to see if they have the documents or not. I do know the documents have been sent as they have confirmed this.

Not sure if I have mentioned this but the new application my fiancee did is an exact copy of what I did, I know this because the person at the visa centre gave her the printed copy of the online application I did and told her to copy whatever is on there. If she didn't have a copy she wouldn't have been able to complete the online application.

#8 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

It seems you applied in time to come under the old rules, and as it has been confirmed that an application was submitted, all you can do now is wait for the decision. However I can't be sure of what happened that meant a new online application needed to be filled in. It might be worth discusssing that with an advisor as they're familiar with practices at the visa application centres. The processing times vary for the application centres in Pakistan but it would also be worth contacting the embassy there (rather than Gerrys) to be sure that the application is in processing.

#9 masmune

masmune

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • england

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

I am assuming the embassy in Pakistan is in Islamabad, Gerrys did give me an email which I have mentioned on my first post but still no reply.

I am will ring them instead and see if I can any answers, I will let you know on how it goes

I know I have to wait but I feel I have to do something otherwise my application will just get ignored..

#10 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Gerrys can only tell you that the application has been forwarded, even if they reply to your email they can't say anything more than that, so in this situation it's worth contacting the embassy. If you get a standard answer about processing times and that you just need to wait, it may be worth having an advisor look at what was submitted and confirm why a second online application was necessary, as they are familiar with practices then at least you could be sure of that before you receive a response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users