Rashi

Prefered Member

• Platinum Members
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Reading
  • uk

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hi All,

I know this is not a relevant question to me and moderator may not welcome general question here. Personally, I believe a separate section in this forum is needed where general questions can be asked and learn from it.

If you do not agree, please do not block this thread and a keep it open for other to response.

There is a guy in Pakistan whom life is in a danger and wants to claim asylum in UK, how will he be able to claim UK asylum from Pakistan?

Just to make it clear, I believe Pakistani government is not capable to protect him even if the government of Pakistan promise to do so.

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,139 posts
  • br

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Where does the UK fit into this scenario? If he is not safe he needs to go to another part of PK or another country that is considered safe. If he can make his first port of entry the UK then good for him. If he passes through other safe countries, on his way to the UK, then his case for asylum in the UK will have no merit.

Come on, Rashi, you know the drill. It's generally not possible to be in one country and request asylum from another. Typically, asylum is claimed by someone who arrives at the border of a country which they hope will protect them - ignoring in-country diplomatic asylum made to foreign embassies, which is currently very topical. If this person can get to the UK he can stake his claim, but he will need a very good case if it is to be taken seriously: large parts of PK are perfectly safe (for the time being!) Malala's prominency means that she may never be able to return to any part of that country (and no civilized society would insist that she should), but your friend may not be in that league. I fear that you may have started the longest thread in the history of this forum!

#3 Rashi

Rashi

Prefered Member

• Platinum Members
  • 2,284 posts
  • uk

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for your time and quick response as always.

Do you agree to the second part of question that we should have a section for genral questions for the purpose of learning?

#4 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,139 posts
  • br

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

That's a matter for the site owners. Wait for further comment and see if a movement arises on that basis.

#5 sah10406

sah10406

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 5,849 posts
  • uk

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

What does the UK have to do with it?!

#6 Rashi

Rashi

Prefered Member

• Platinum Members
  • 2,284 posts
  • uk

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Seems to be more responsible for an individual's security. UK has also spread same sort of message throughout the world.

#7 Rashi

Rashi

Prefered Member

• Platinum Members
  • 2,284 posts
  • uk

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hi All

I know Mutly will be more likely to answer this question!

A non-EEA member is married to EEA national (Portuguese) for the last three years and have acquired a residence permit. His wife is exercising Treaty rights for the last five years and will apply for the confirmation of permanent residency next month. In 2013, she is planning to apply for the British citizenship.

Can the dependant apply for the British citizenship at the same time with his wife? What will be his immigration status when his wife will acquire her British citizenship?

Edited by Rashi, 02 November 2012 - 04:38 PM.

#8 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,368 posts
  • uk

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hi All

I know Mutly will be more likely to answer this question!

A non-EEA member is married to EEA national (Portuguese) for the last three years and have acquired a residence permit. His wife is exercising Treaty rights for the last five years and will apply for the confirmation of permanent residency next month. In 2013, she is planning to apply for the British citizenship.

Can the dependant apply for the British citizenship at the same time with his wife? What will be his immigration status when his wife will acquire her British citizenship?

Rashi...you'll need to start a separate thread on this in the EU forum. It's never going to be answered here...especially by Mutly.

#9 Rashi

Rashi

Prefered Member

• Platinum Members
  • 2,284 posts
  • uk

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

I thought this will be a thread for all general questions?

#10 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,368 posts
  • uk

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

I thought this will be a thread for all general questions?

No , it's not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users