Jump to content

- - - - -

Help,no Recourse To Public Funds ......housing Issue.

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cooliex


    New Member

  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • england

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I have been in the UK since 2002 and was renewing my visas till July 2009 when the Home Office returned application saying payment rejected by bank(card info put on form) . This was untrue and resubmitted with cheque which was taken from same account but deemed out of date and no right of appeal granted. The case has dragged on with involvement from first legal representative , MP, Bank investigation to disprove HO stance on payment and my current legal representative . I hit the 10yr benchmark for ILR in february but as HO failed to respond and acknowledge their failings, i have resorted to JR

I have applied for permission for judicial review and my case has been assigned to a judge and in the queue. My query is that having been unemployed and in limbo for over 3years , i need housing assistance and have come across the Nationality Assistance Act as well as the National Assylum and support service( am not regarded as refugee) and my health issues- hypertension and asthma . Will i have any chances of being housed by my local authority as i am about to become homeless/destitute.

Apologies for lengthy posting , i would appreciate any advice on this issue.

#2 casualwalks


    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 1,512 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • gb

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

To access housing via the national assistance act and support for care needs you need to contact the Adult Care referal team and ask for a community care assesment (section 47 of the NHS community Care act 1990), a representative of the council (social worker or social work assistant) will assess your eligibility for services against the "Prioritising need in the context of putting people first" eligibility criteria. Most local authorities will have a central referral point try looking at your local authority's website. No recourse to public funds does not affect eligibility for care services, although I have seen local authorities try to say that it does, but they are wrong, so be prepared to complain if they refuse you for this reason. They may, however, refuse on the ground that you don't meet critical or substantial eligibility criteria.

This information is given to the best of my knowledge, I'm a social worker working with disabled adults, and should not be taken as legal advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users