19 replies to this topic

#1 aaa123

aaa123

• Active Members
  • 197 posts
  • uk

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hi,

I am a Tier 1 (G) resident and my ILR is due in 7 months, I have a couple of questions and will be thankful if could get replied:
  • My visa started 1st June but I entered UK 1.5 month later, I take it I am covered by 90 days rule and can apply after 4 yrs 11 month time i.e. 1 May 2013!
  • I am a contractor and working through a limited company. Do tier 1 (G) holders have to be in employment at the time of application, provided they can claim sufficient earning points for 12 out of 15 last months?!

Many thanks.

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,101 posts
  • br

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

1. Not necessarily. Has your cumulative leave been granted to a total of exactly five years?

2. Employment (in the master/servant sense) is not a mandatory requirement.

#3 aaa123

aaa123

• Active Members
  • 197 posts
  • uk

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

1. Not necessarily. Has your cumulative leave been granted to a total of exactly five years?
My FLR started 1 June 2008 on work permit and I switched to Tier 1 (G) in July 2009 my extension runs out in January 2014.
2. Employment (in the master/servant sense) is not a mandatory requirement.
Then should I leave worries for employment completely for ILR in this sense!

Many thanks.

#4 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,101 posts
  • br

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

You are covered by the 28 day concession rather than the 90 day later entry concesson (or a combination of both), and are only permitted to apply for ILR within 28 days of the start of your leave on 1st June, if you mean FLR. However, you have added confusion to this matter by now suggesting your initial leave was an FLR application. In your first post you indicated it was an entry clearance.

#5 aaa123

aaa123

• Active Members
  • 197 posts
  • uk

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

You are covered by the 28 day concession rather than the 90 day later entry concesson (or a combination of both), and are only permitted to apply for ILR within 28 days of the start of your leave on 1st June. However, you have added confusion to this matter by now suggesting your leave was an FLR application. In your first post you indicated it was an entry clearance.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, sorry it was entry clearance. So I can apply within 28 days post 1 June or is it 28 days earlier!

Please advise on employment, would l be able to apply if I am completely out of work at the time of application!

Many thanks.

#6 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,101 posts
  • br

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Okay, in that case, forget about what I have written. You can apply for ILR no earlier than 28 days before the date that you entered the UK in August. The 90 day late entry concession is not available to those, like you, who have switched categories (WP - T1).

#7 aaa123

aaa123

• Active Members
  • 197 posts
  • uk

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Okay, in that case, forget about what I have written. You can apply for ILR no earlier than 28 days before the date that you entered the UK in August. The 90 day late entry concession is not available to those, like you, who have switched categories (WP - T1).

Many thanks for clarification, slightly longer wait for me!
Please could you advise if I must be in the work (employee or self employment) of any sort before applying for ILR!

Thanks.

#8 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,101 posts
  • br

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

For T1 (gen) you need to score points for income during a given 12 month window. At the time you apply,whether or not you are currently employed, self-employed, unemployed, seeking employment, whatever, is not relevant.

#9 aaa123

aaa123

• Active Members
  • 197 posts
  • uk

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Many thanks for clarification.

#10 aaa123

aaa123

• Active Members
  • 197 posts
  • uk

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Sorry if this is a silly question but i am really worry as i have lost my job/ contract yesterday and concerned about my extension or ilr.

my ILR is due in august months and i am out of work since yesterday. i have worked all along and if i have not worked until next august from now so just want to find out:

- then i would not have worked in last 10 out of 15 months then my 5 months earnings would be from october 2012 to may 2012 in which my gross earnings would be around 25k that should give me 20 point (Tier 1 applied in july 2009). Would this be OK!
- my september and october earning is working as limited company contractor so wondering if i need to consider my earnings in the invoices excluding VAT or including.

Please reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users