Jump to content


Mortgage & Equity Transfer

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maria elizabeth

maria elizabeth

    New Member

  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • Location:mumbai
  • in

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Good Day,

I am writing on behalf of my daughter who recently attained PR in uk. She got married in India with EEA national in 2006 August, entered uk in Sept 2006. Both are in good jobs till date. Unfortunately their marriage ended with divorce in 2011 August. They owed joint mortgage property since March 2007. At the time of divorce her husband undertook Indemnity that he would be liable for the mortgage and EMIs and also took the house. So my daughter stayed seperately on rent.

Now as she is holding PR status and good job in uk she is desperate to buy a house on mortgage. Her former husband got married again, a couple of months back. It seems he approached the bank to remove my daughter's name from the mortgage, which they flatly refused. As his salary is not in the required bracket for transfer, is it possible to include his second wife's name in place of my daughter.

I would be very grateful for your early advice and suggestion in this matter.



#2 casualwalks


    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 1,512 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:United Kingdom
  • gb

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hi Maria, it might be worth posting on a housing specific forum. Somewhere like moneysavingexpert maybe http://forums.moneys...splay.php?f=16?

#3 hermelinda


    New Member

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:uk
  • england

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yes casualwalks is right you should post in there relevent forum. Here no one can help you on your property issue. Go to property forum there may be some one help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users