Maintenance Fund In Joint Account
Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:37 AM
I am planning to apply for Tier1 Entrepreneur Visa from outside UK. I have the amount required for maintenance in an account I jointly hold with my father. My father is the principal account holder and I am joint account holder. The account title mentions both my father name and my name like "FatherName/MyName". Can I use this account to show for maintenance funds, and if so do I need any letter be signed from my father like Letter of Consent.
Thanks and Regards.
Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:58 AM
Thanks and Regards
Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:43 PM
I am showing you some relevant excerpts from the UK Guidance Policy for Tier1.
Documents we require
178. The evidence used to support personal savings for at least a consecutive 90 day periodmust be original, and issued by an authorised official of that organisation.
184. Only the following specified documents will be accepted as evidence of this requirement:
i) Personal bank or building society statements covering a consecutive 90 day period:
The most recent statement must be dated no more than 31 days before the date of application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:• your name;
• the account number;
• the date of the statement;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• any transactions during the 90 day period;
• that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £3,100 or £900 or £800, as appropriate), covering the 90 day period before the date of application;
Now as per the above excerpts, the statement I intented to show is my personal account that I jointly hold with my father as Principal account holder and both of our names are mentioned in account title as "MyFatherName/MyName". It seems that conditions mentioned in the Guidance policy is being fulfiled but I am not sure about it, this is the reason I post my query on this forum for the help. Also if it fulfils then will I need any letter of consent signed by my father to authorize me that I can also utilize the money present in the account.
Please advice, I shall be thankful to you.
Thanks and Regards.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users