• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffish

Jeffish

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • ie

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

We have neither visited eachothers country or met in person, but have talked for months everyday and know we want to be with one another. Was wondering what is the best way to do this? We have talked about marrage and wonder if this is the best way as im unsure about holiday visas and how long they last or.. not being able to apply for one in a period of time. Notes worth mentioning are I am not currently in employment due to disability.I have a british passport and live in northern ireland but I can get an irish passport if this became useful.

#2 Jeffish

Jeffish

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • ie

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

Bump!

#3 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,430 posts
  • uk

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

We have neither visited eachothers country or met in person, but have talked for months everyday and know we want to be with one another. Was wondering what is the best way to do this? We have talked about marrage and wonder if this is the best way as im unsure about holiday visas and how long they last or.. not being able to apply for one in a period of time. Notes worth mentioning are I am not currently in employment due to disability.I have a british passport and live in northern ireland but I can get an irish passport if this became useful.

A 6 month visitor visa may be difficult unless your girlfriend can show strong reasons to return to Kenya...ownership of property, study or permanent employment etc. She would be unable to switch to any other visa from within the UK. You won't be able to apply for a fiance visa until you've actually met and spent time together.

#4 Jeffish

Jeffish

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • ie

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

i was planning on going there 6 months and meeting up and seeing what happens, if things worked out and we got married there would that be bad or good if I came back to the uk and wanted her to come back with me or in the future? thanks for your reply.

#5 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,430 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

i was planning on going there 6 months and meeting up and seeing what happens, if things worked out and we got married there would that be bad or good if I came back to the uk and wanted her to come back with me or in the future? thanks for your reply.

You would have to check which visa she would need to enter the Irish Republic. She can't enter as your family member as the situation stands at present as you haven't met.

#6 Jeffish

Jeffish

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • ie

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Would it help us or hinder us if we got married in kenya? she would be coming back to the united kingdom, northern ireland,

#7 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,430 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Would it help us or hinder us if we got married in kenya? she would be coming back to the united kingdom, northern ireland,

From an application issue, not any difference. Marrying in Kenya however would be the cheaper option as you'd only apply initially for one visa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users