1 reply to this topic

#1 Jroyeux

Jroyeux

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • england

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

Hello everyone!!

I really need everyone's help pls. My English is not good so pls explain in easy words plsssss. THANK YOU

Well, my mum is living outside uk for nearly 2 years(next 15 Feb will be 2years) now and she has a ILR visa but me and my dad have already got British citizen.

My questions are.
1) From i Know she cant apply for British citizen bcos she spends around 270 or more outside uk already. but if she wants to apply she has to come back and live here for another 2 years and then she can apply?am i right?

2)She doesnt really mind whether she will get British passport or not but she REALLY would like to keep her IRL visa. As i know she can stay outside less than 2 years.isnt?

Well if she come back and live here in uk for like 3 or 4 months and then come back to thailand again for a year or 2, is that going to be any problem? is there any specific period to stay in uk when you'r outside uk for long time?
or they will count a new 2-year-stayed when she is back here?
she has to look after the house and family so she cant stay in uk for that long. In others hands, she would like to keep her visa

sorry for my bad english

and really thank you in advance for your help.

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,100 posts
  • br

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

If she returns before Feb she should be admitted but it will be on the understanding that it is to settle rather than visit. If this is not the case, either now or in the future, she will have real problems maintaining her status.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users