41 replies to this topic

#1 gohan

gohan

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

hello everyone,

I just came crossed the news at work today so I thought I would like to share it with everyone here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20252160

#2 Summertime

Summertime

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 710 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

I don't think I am comfortable assuming everyone in the migrant refusal pool, ie people refused leave to remain, are going to break the law and stay in the UK illegally.

#3 Ali110

Ali110

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 627 posts
  • england

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Thats a Kind of good news

but will this be applied to Human Rights Article 8 cases or just Asylum and legacy cases thats what i am concern

#4 endgame

endgame

• Active Members
  • 51 posts
  • england

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

If the government says there wont be no amnesty, that means there will be an amnesty. Looking at it logically, how on earth can they close all these cases with only 149 caseworkers by the end of the year? I personally hope that amnesty is the case and everyone will be granted ILR over the course of next 7 weeks...

#5 Susi

Susi

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,430 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

If the government says there wont be no amnesty, that means there will be an amnesty. Looking at it logically, how on earth can they close all these cases with only 149 caseworkers by the end of the year? I personally hope that amnesty is the case and everyone will be granted ILR over the course of next 7 weeks...

7 weeks? That's extremely optimistic taking into account straightforward ILR applications are taking 6+ months to process through the system :huh: !

#6 ste

ste

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

I hope not, cant see the logic in rewarding criminals, can you? We've spent over £30k trying to regularise our immigration status legally over the last 7 years so why should some illegals get it all for free? Personally I feel if it did happened they would be so much outcry, I think it's really the UKBA scaremongering for more resources to ship these people back, think Capita looking for more money to remove people.

Anyway it's dropped off the BBC pages now so it's now non-news....

#7 bakesigaki

bakesigaki

• Active Members
  • 298 posts
  • england

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

How about those refused in legacy already? if amnesty happens?

#8 baba9

baba9

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • gb

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

good luck for legacy people if they granted ILR within next month

#9 endgame

endgame

• Active Members
  • 51 posts
  • england

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

@Ste: Capita's contract is a 'payment-by-results deal' so they cannot demand more money. Plus, their contract is to find and remove migrants who have overstayed their visas.

Putting 'some' criminals aside, I still hope there will be an amnesty and everyone will be granted. However, we need to remember that some of these so-called criminals are those who were caught working illegally simply to feed themselves. I believe it is the height of selfishness to say because I have a pending case should be granted, but those who have 'no basis of stay letters' should be removed.

Anyways, whether with or without amnesty, they are aiming to get rid of our cases (grant or removal) by the end of the year. All we can do for now is to wait and see.

#10 johana2012

johana2012

• Active Members
  • 114 posts
  • uk

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Guys just forget about amnesty with such governement, let hope every single person who deserve to be granted,will be soon.Good luck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amnesty, legacy cases

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users