Jump to content

- - - - -

From Spouse Of Tier 2 Wp Holder To Spouse Of Settled Person (Long Residence)

SET(O) FLR(M) long residence

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cason


    New Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Location:dundee
  • uk

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

I have received very helpful and prompt immigration advice from this forum and would be most grateful for any help again:

I came to UK in April 2002 on a student visa. I switched to (old style) Work Permit in August 2008, then extended my leave to remain in Oct 2010 as Tier 2 (gen) work permit. In April 2012 I applied for settlement under 10 year long residence and was granted in September 2012.

My husband came to the UK (on visa as my dependent) in Oct 2008 and he has been included in my subsequent extenstion I made in Oct 2010. His current visa (as T2(DEP) Partner Leave to Remain) is due to expire 14 November 2012.

I contacted the UKBA Home office twice (by calling 087006067766 asking for application advice) and was given the same advice that he should use form SET(O) for settlement, as he has been on my dependant since 2008 (WP dependent, then Tier 2 (Gen) WP dependent) and he meets English and Life in the UK requirements. However, when he made his SET(O) application in person at the Glasgow PEO, he was told to use FLR(M) for an extension of stay under the new 9 July 2012 rule. Could you please clarify for me which form my husband should apply under, and which immigration rules cover the extension?

As now his visa is due to expire in 4 days, I am most grateful for your help at your earliest convenience.

Thanks for reading my post and giving me your help in advance.

#2 cason


    New Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Location:dundee
  • uk

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Can anyone shed any light on our case please? Many thanks. We are really confused as to which form and route and what policy (the new 9JULY one or the pre 9Jul one) should apply to us. Thanks again.

#3 Victoria


    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

If in doubt do FLR(M). You should probably get legal assistance if you want to do SET(O) or SET(M).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users