• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thomaswarne

thomaswarne

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • england

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

I just have a few questions about my partner and I and our future application for a fiance visa. The first question is related with my work. I have a "bank" contract at a hospital, meaning I cover people when they are off sick or on holiday etc. This means that I don't have any guaranteed hours, but I work in many different departments and earn on average £1200 gross per month. I have savings of above £16,000 and I want to know if the lack of guaranteed hours will affect our application? It's a small town hospital and I've worked there like this for 10 years and have no problem getting hours ever and my payslips reflect this, but would it be better if I got myself a contract for work? The other thing that goes along with this is that when I'm in Chile visiting my partner, I'm not earning anything as I dont recieve holiday pay.
I currently live with my father and pay rent to live at home with him, but would it help our application if I was to move into a rented place of my own? Thanks in advance. Tom.

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • br

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

1200 a month is short of the 18.600 threshold (assuming that is your gross pay). If your pay is 12 x 1200 = 14400, you will need savings of 26,500 to bridge that shortfall.

#3 thomaswarne

thomaswarne

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • england

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Thanks for your reply. I thought that the rule was that if you cannot reach the threshold with your work pay, then you could prove you can support your sponsor with savings, and that £16,000 was what was needed.

#4 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • br

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

No, it's a calculation of:

18,600 - Salary = Shortfall
(Shortfall x 2.5) + 16000 = Savings necessary

See 5.4.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic