Jump to content

- - - - -

Set-M Advise Please

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cj79


    New Member

  • Active Members
  • 22 posts
  • england

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:48 AM


Its been a while since I used this forum but I was given some great advice a couple of years ago with regards to my husbands Spouse visa.

Its now time for him to apply for ILR and I have some concerns.

Previously we had used the IAS but unfortunately that no longer exists so my husband has sought a private lawyer for help with the ILR but I am concerned he is not giving us the right advice.

My understanding is that we need to provide proof of cohabiting over the 2 year period he has been here from 6 different sources. All the lawyer has said is that we need a selection my wage slips & P60, a few bank statements and a couple of mobile phone bills.

Off my own back I have provided our RAC renewal notfication as it includes both of our names and voting cards for both of us.

I have kept all of our correspondence from any source over the last 2 years but the lawyer insisit we shouldn't overwelm the application with lots of paperwork.

We live with my parents so we don't have a rent card and none of the bills are in our name and again the laywer has advised us not to worry about that.

He also advised we need to include pictures of ourselves together which I am not sure is required for a SET-M?

My husband thinks we should trust his judgement as we are paying for his services but I am worried sick that we are not going to be successful due to lack of evidence on the day.

Please can somebody offer some advice?

Our appointment is 13th December and I understand the lawyer will attend for us.


I just realised I typed the title wrong - it should read advice not advise.

Edited by cj79, 13 November 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#2 Susi


    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 11,030 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:tunbridge wells
  • uk

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

You don't need photos of you both together, but you do need at least 6 proofs of joint address from 3 different sources. If you don't have 6 in joint names you should supply extra in single names. Provide a letter from your husband's family stating that you live at their address if most bills etc are in their name.
You also must submit bank statements for any accounts you and your husband have from the past 6 months + payslips and P60 if available. Life in the UK or ESOL certificate from an approved course?
Have you read through form SET(M) for yourself?
Insist your legal rep submits the required documents. You won't be refused for submitting more than required, but you risk a refusal if you submit less.

#3 SkillClear


    SkillClear Work Permit, Tier 1 HSMP and UK Immigration Services

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 5,753 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sevenoaks, Kent
  • uk

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

You have been a member here for 3 years yet I presume that he did not use any of the representatives on this forum. I don't think any of us would have suggested an application without proof of co-habitation and pictures of you together are an irrelevance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users