Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:08 AM
I'm asking this to get peace and quiet though I'm not hopeful. My husband's visa was due to expire on 10/11 and so we decided to do a postal application as we did not have enough for the premium service at that time and I didn't want to risk missing the date. I've had a letter acknowledging the application and standard ' it can take 6 months". My husband now does have the money for the premium and they havent cashed the cheque as no money has been taken so the question is is there and way to now apply in Person? Ukba have everything the full application passports and all. I don't see how we can get it back to go and apply but he insists we try and find out. If anyone knows of a way it would be appreciated. Thanks
Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:14 AM
Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:22 AM
Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:11 PM
Based on your reply, are you saying it's possible to change from a postal application to an in person application if there is time left on the current visa (in this case a fiancee visa)?
We based our postal application on the processing times for non-settlement visa, but after 6 weeks now with not even a biometric letter, we're cursing ourselves for not doing in person for what is essentially a 'straighforward' application!
Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:17 PM
Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:20 PM
So the initial application fee would be lost, you would then have to wait for the return of documents (3 weeks?), and then apply again.
Just out of curiosity, and for any one else reading this, if someone was to take this approach, would the cancellation of the initial postal application have any bearing on the outcome of the in person application decision?
Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:22 PM
The withdrawal will have no bearing on the new application.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
members, guests, anonymous users