17 replies to this topic

#1 SONA7

SONA7

• Active Members
  • 55 posts
  • england

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

HI all Legacy friends

in those days ukba also delaying asylum initial decisions under the new asylum model NAM.
and i am also waiting my asylum initial decision near about 8th months. i applied asylum in APRIL 2012 and asylum interview in may 2012 after that no news from UKBA. i emailed to my case worker he wrote to me in these word:

The West London Asylum team is receiving a high volume of cases and, because of this, we are unable to advise how long it will be until an decision made on your case.

As soon as a decision is made, we will write to you.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our office on 0208 814 5349.

ukba trying to delay every one. best of luck for every one . i just share my story and i am new in this form

#2 baba9

baba9

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • gb

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

dear friend first i like your profile picture thats very beautiful kid

i know ukba trying to delay successful asylum claims because my asylum initial decision also delays more than six months then at last they granted me 5 years refugee status and this is wait game. ukba only given asylum decision within 30 days those refused and successful asylum claimed delays 6 months to 36 months like legacy cases. ukba policy to delays as long as they can and give mentally stress to applicants.

#3 Alban

Alban

• Platinum Members
  • 597 posts
  • il

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Sona7 I don't think it's a good idea that you are crossing your solicitor and asking for update on your application, just let them do there work, and don't forget it's HO and for there standarts 8 months its no think, wating time. You must consult you legal rep, any way
it's just my personal opinion.
Good luck :)

#4 SONA7

SONA7

• Active Members
  • 55 posts
  • england

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

thanks Alban for your advice but i never cross my solicitor and i also inform him about that inquiry same day.

#5 SONA7

SONA7

• Active Members
  • 55 posts
  • england

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

still waiting asylum initial decision from 8 months under NAM

#6 Alban

Alban

• Platinum Members
  • 597 posts
  • il

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:05 AM

It's normal, don't worrie. There no think you can do at least for now, let them do there work and wait, as they have explain to you on the email which they sent to your reqest for update.

I know how you feel, becouse myself I waited 12 years, was like open prison but was my choice to claim asylum and stay, I was free to leave any time but I didn't at end of the day was my decision. I knew UKBA would had been more them happy to provide a free tiket.

#7 SONA7

SONA7

• Active Members
  • 55 posts
  • england

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

Thanks Alban

#8 lemrac

lemrac

• Active Members
  • 97 posts
  • gb

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

But how long can one reasonably expect to wait? 12 years is not reasonable. Some people are not 'free' to leave any time....because to return is too awful or too dangerous to even think about. In the meantime they are reduced to living on the margins of society.

#9 Alban

Alban

• Platinum Members
  • 597 posts
  • il

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

UK its island.

I know what are you taking about because my self I was asylum seeker.

If country of origin don't care about there own citizen why UK should.

Don't you read news mate they don't even open the envelopes.

In Germany if you are asylum seekers you can't travel from one city to an other city with out permission, of local immigration team, lets say from Berlin to Cologne. Simply can not leave.

#10 lemrac

lemrac

• Active Members
  • 97 posts
  • gb

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Yes I do read the news and I've read the Inspector's report about UKBA's dealings. The UK prides itself on being a fair and tolerant society. In many ways I believe it would be kinder to make decisions speedily even if they were negative. Living in limbo is unjust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users