3 replies to this topic

#1 ghulamhh

ghulamhh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hello All
I have Tier 2 general Visa and it start from 24 march 2010 till 18 Jan 2013 which means I am 2 month less for ILR after next extension.
So my question is that is it possible to apply for second extension in Tier-2 General to complete my 5 years.
Please reply because this is really bothering me. or is there any other way.
Thank you all

#2 SkillClear

SkillClear

SkillClear Work Permit, Tier 1 HSMP and UK Immigration Services

• UK Immigration Consultants
  • 5,747 posts
  • uk

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

If you apply for the extension by post in due course then you might find that you get given sufficient leave to remain to get you to the qualifying period. If not then another extension will be required.

I think that some High Commissions are only granting visas up to the date stated on the Certificate of Sponsorship - by the time the application is made with the assigned CoS and they then get around to making a decision you end up with less than 2 years as they have not adjusted the expiry date to give the 2-year period that was required. I think this is going to be a situation that more and more people encounter.

#3 ghulamhh

ghulamhh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Hello
Thank you for your quick response.
It means that I can apply for 2nd extension for 2 to 3 month visa (or as many times) to complete my 5 years.

or

if my company give me extension cos for 3 years will they give me 3 years, as i have read on UKBA website that 1st extension if for 3 years now (i hava applied before 2011).

Thank you

#4 pozsonyi

pozsonyi

Advanced Member

• Platinum Members
  • 301 posts
  • england

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have Tier 2 general Visa and it start from 24 march 2010 till 18 Jan 2013 which means I am 2 month less for ILR after next extension.
So my question is that is it possible to apply for second extension in Tier-2 General to complete my 5 years.
Please reply because this is really bothering me. or is there any other way.

The extension you will get will be for 3 years or to the work end date stated in the new CoS, whichever the earlier. So, provided the end date of the new CoS is beyond the 5 years, calculated from your arrival date in the UK in 2010, you will have sufficient time to apply for ILR without a further extension.

See the T2 policy guidance para 182 or Immigration Rule 245HE (a) and (d).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users