#1 Prince74

Prince74

Prince74

• Platinum Members
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Football, cycling, gym
  • england

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

We received today from the UKBA Zambrano application form to complete that is over 40 pages long and given 21 days to send it together with tons of requested documents.

#2 moon1234

moon1234

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 676 posts
  • gb

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

prince74 you made a zambrano application before, where do you get form? did ukba send you today? what sort of documents ukba need for that? basically is it only genuine relationship to your british child etc.

#3 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm not up to date on this and still haven't read the Zambrano amendment in any detail.

What sort of things does the form ask, what documents do they want beyond EEA2 documents? There's no specific document stating that a British child would be forced to leave of the parent can't stay, so I wonder if they're trying to make this as difficult as possible.

Prince I hope this is something which is at least easy to fill in and provide documents even though it's a very long form. Keeping people in this situation in limbo like this for so long just shouldn't be acceptable.

#4 Prince74

Prince74

Prince74

• Platinum Members
  • 1,689 posts
  • england

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'm not up to date on this and still haven't read the Zambrano amendment in any detail.

What sort of things does the form ask, what documents do they want beyond EEA2 documents? There's no specific document stating that a British child would be forced to leave of the parent can't stay, so I wonder if they're trying to make this as difficult as possible.

Prince I hope this is something which is at least easy to fill in and provide documents even though it's a very long form. Keeping people in this situation in limbo like this for so long just shouldn't be acceptable.

Following the enactment of the Regulations, my solicitor wrote a detailed letter to me, outlining how the Regulations would affect my outstanding Zambrano application. She made it clear that as I share the care of looking after my daughter with my wife who is also a British citizen, that the UKBA may argue that my wife is the primary carer. She also listed 2 others areas where she thought that the UKBA may want to take issue with. Those were just scenerious and as no one has yet been granted on Zambrano, she could not predict how the UKBA would deal with applications. But she said that I may be more successful if I applied on the basis of being my wife's carer than being my daughter's carer. My wife and I are both HIV positive, it does not however mean that we are critically ill.

Today, my solicitor received a letter and a lengthy application form and as professional as always, she immediately emailed me the letter and has booked an appointment with me for Monday, the 26th. We had previously provided substantial evidence to the UKBA with my initial Zambrano application, these are the requirements that my solicitor would want to send with the new application form:

1. 2 x passport-sized photos of me
2. Your marriage certificate – we have already submitted this.
3. My daughters birth certificate – we have already submitted this
4. My daughter's and wife's British passports – we have already sent their citizenship certificates which should be sufficient.
5. Evidence of my daughter and wife's dependence on you

We submitted written statements with my original application, she wants us to update this statement and set out our current position such as detailing the care and support my wife receives from me and why she needs this support as well as detailing different responsibilities that we each take towards our daughter.

She said it would be helpful also if we can provide recent medical reports of my wife, as well as letters from my daughter's school, NHS or organisations that are addressed to me or to me and to me wife jointly as her parent/carer.

I am not my daughter's biological father and the UKBA knows this when my Article 8 application was made in May 2010. My daughter's father died when she was 1.5 years old and never knew him, I have been involved in her life since 2005 when I first met her mother and I got married to her mother in 2008. For the purposes of immigration, I am taking as a "parent" even though I am not her biological father.

I hope this helps someone.

#5 Mutly

Mutly

Prefered Member

• Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • ad

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for the information Prince. It sounds like you've got a good solicitor willing to provide detailed help, certainly she knows a lot more about it than me.

It's ridiculous that the HO might think that a child only has one primary carer when both parents are there and are both are already carers for the child. You're the father under the national immigration rules, let's hope they don't try to say it's different under Zambrano, it could be appealed as discrimination if they did.

Those were just scenerious and as no one has yet been granted on Zambrano

Hopefully you'll soon have news that you're the first person granted. :)

#6 Prince74

Prince74

Prince74

• Platinum Members
  • 1,689 posts
  • england

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

I am not very optimistic with Zambrano. I'll keep you guys updated.

#7 Tuku

Tuku

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • gb

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Good luck prince, may the lord grant you peace and mercy.

#8 firefox101

firefox101

Firefox101

• Platinum Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Support for the Human Rights Act
  • england

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Good luck

Edited by firefox101, 20 November 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#9 OLUMUYIWA

OLUMUYIWA

• Platinum Members
  • 90 posts
  • uk

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

Following the enactment of the Regulations, my solicitor wrote a detailed letter to me, outlining how the Regulations would affect my outstanding Zambrano application. She made it clear that as I share the care of looking after my daughter with my wife who is also a British citizen, that the UKBA may argue that my wife is the primary carer. She also listed 2 others areas where she thought that the UKBA may want to take issue with. Those were just scenerious and as no one has yet been granted on Zambrano, she could not predict how the UKBA would deal with applications. But she said that I may be more successful if I applied on the basis of being my wife's carer than being my daughter's carer. My wife and I are both HIV positive, it does not however mean that we are critically ill.

Today, my solicitor received a letter and a lengthy application form and as professional as always, she immediately emailed me the letter and has booked an appointment with me for Monday, the 26th. We had previously provided substantial evidence to the UKBA with my initial Zambrano application, these are the requirements that my solicitor would want to send with the new application form:

1. 2 x passport-sized photos of me
2. Your marriage certificate – we have already submitted this.
3. My daughters birth certificate – we have already submitted this
4. My daughter's and wife's British passports – we have already sent their citizenship certificates which should be sufficient.
5. Evidence of my daughter and wife's dependence on you

We submitted written statements with my original application, she wants us to update this statement and set out our current position such as detailing the care and support my wife receives from me and why she needs this support as well as detailing different responsibilities that we each take towards our daughter.

She said it would be helpful also if we can provide recent medical reports of my wife, as well as letters from my daughter's school, NHS or organisations that are addressed to me or to me and to me wife jointly as her parent/carer.

I am not my daughter's biological father and the UKBA knows this when my Article 8 application was made in May 2010. My daughter's father died when she was 1.5 years old and never knew him, I have been involved in her life since 2005 when I first met her mother and I got married to her mother in 2008. For the purposes of immigration, I am taking as a "parent" even though I am not her biological father.

I hope this helps someone.

Hello Prince (or anyone in general ) . Is it a requirement to include applicant's passport when submitting a Zambrano application ? Also can anyone provide us with a link to the new Zambrano application form please ?

#10 Prince74

Prince74

Prince74

• Platinum Members
  • 1,689 posts
  • england

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

You have to include your passport or any other acceptable form of ID. I do not think that the form is already on UKBA's website, the form was sent to my solicitor by the UKBA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users