8 replies to this topic

#1 elankih

elankih

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • england

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hi Guys....

I will be grateful if you can clear my mind please. I got my first Tier 1 general visa on 14-12-2009(from Post study work) and its going to expire on 14-12-2012. So according to new rule, the visa must be applied before 28 days. Is that true? I asked one of my mate and he said, "You can apply visa within 28 days of its expiry" and not early than that! Which is correct?

I hope the later....Please help guys....I am in dilemma now. I have enough earnings and all I am waiting for my bank statement for this month....then I am ready to apply...

Cheers.

#2 SkillClear

SkillClear

SkillClear Work Permit, Tier 1 HSMP and UK Immigration Services

• UK Immigration Consultants
  • 5,747 posts
  • uk

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

This has been covered extensively on the forum. You can apply whenever you want to do so BUT if you apply before 28 days then the extension is likely to be dated from the date of decision and might therefore leave you short of the required period for ILR qualification and thus put you in a position where an additional extension is required. Generally speaking, if you entered the UK within 3 months of the initial Highly Skilled visa being awarded and you are otherwise meeting the ILR requirements in terms of absences then you should not apply more than 28 days prior to expiry of your visa.

#3 elankih

elankih

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • england

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

This has been covered extensively on the forum. You can apply whenever you want to do so BUT if you apply before 28 days then the extension is likely to be dated from the date of decision and might therefore leave you short of the required period for ILR qualification and thus put you in a position where an additional extension is required. Generally speaking, if you entered the UK within 3 months of the initial Highly Skilled visa being awarded and you are otherwise meeting the ILR requirements in terms of absences then you should not apply more than 28 days prior to expiry of your visa.

I have got the first extension when I applied for it within UK! So, there is no issue of entering UK within 3 months...

Thanks for clarifying and really I appreciate your help.....

I will apply my visa next week! Thanks for your time.

#4 SkillClear

SkillClear

• 5,747 posts
  • uk

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Do you mean the first extension or the first highly skilled visa?

#5 elankih

elankih

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • england

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

Do you mean the first extension or the first highly skilled visa?

I got my first tier 1 general (for 3 years after PSW) on 14-12-2009. So I think, it would be be my second extension, wouldn't it? Or is it first extension? Thank you for your time!

#6 SkillClear

SkillClear

• 5,747 posts
  • uk

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

This will be your first extension.

#7 elankih

elankih

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • england

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Oh, Thank you. So, as I asked you earlier, Can I apply for my extension at any time before the expiry of Visa? I dont want to waste your valuable time but I will be grateful if you can answer this last question!

#8 SkillClear

SkillClear

• 5,747 posts
  • uk

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

I have already answered your question.

#9 elankih

elankih

• Members
  • 10 posts