Jump to content


Will My Wife (Who Has Ilr) Be Able To Get European Subsidised Education?

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maluquinho


    New Member

  • Active Members
  • 44 posts
  • uk

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hey guys.

It has been a while since I set click on the site, so bonjour to you all!

Anyway, I'm interested in finding out whether my wife - who has ILR - is able to get European-subsidised education? I'd like to possibly move to Holland next year and would love to find out whether she is entitled to the cheap tuition fees open to students there.

Any help would be appreciated!


#2 Susi


    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 11,030 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:tunbridge wells
  • uk

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

I don't have the answer regarding subsidised education, but you may want to bear in mind that if your wife is resident outside of the UK for more than 2 years, she will lose her permanent residency (ILR) here. You may want to wait until she has British Citizenship.

#3 Victoria


    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

And then she will have more rights as an EU national.

#4 Rentu


    New Member

  • Platinum Members
  • 20 posts
  • uk

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

As an EU dependant if she had been residing in any of the EEA countries, she will be considered as a Home student within the FE sector. Please check www.ukcisa.org.uk for more information about who will be eligible for funding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users