• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dapsonlee

dapsonlee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

I arrived in the UK December 2001 at 20 years of age on a 6 months Visiting Visa with my mother who lost her right to stay in the 70's. I have 2 other brothers who are british citizens, now with kids and whom also helped my mother to re-gain her british citizenship. When her application was made i decided not to return home based on the fact that my mother was my only parent and a single parent at that and returning back to my country would be a futile journey since all the family are now based here. During the time her application was made, i tried to change my status from "VISITORS" to "STUDENT" in 2002 but unfortunately i was denied ignoring all rules i decided to stay on pending the outcome of my mothers application. I managed to find work put myself through college and continued into university and finally graduated in 2011.

In 2004, my mother received her ILR and presently as i type this, she has her british passport. I have been through so many channels and exhausted so many funds into legalising my stay which does not include the marriage or in a relationship with someone from an EEA country as i just felt like i wanted to do the right thing. Last year, March 2011, i was sent a letter from the Home-Office a CRD letter to fill out and submit along with 4 passport size photographs and other documentations to help with legalising my stay but after submitting application it only eneded up with the Boarder Agency going to the address i left to have me picked up and fortunately for me i was not in. Now i met a solicitor who decided to help and said application "outside the rules" was the way forward as all my family are here and they are all british and this makes the case a lot stronger.

I just want to clarify what the possible outcome of this applications usually is and what time frame is a reply considered. i think i am just slightly fustrated for i have been home close to 2 years and not working and the feed back from this forum is exceptional. Just wanted if anyone could help!!!

Thank You.

#2 zimah

zimah

• Active Members
  • 207 posts
  • england

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

i am sure u have a very good grounds, taken into account the number yrs you have been in the country, your family ties, good character etc, u will be granted brother

Edited by zimah, 25 November 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#3 dapsonlee

dapsonlee

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • england

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

i have never been deported though been here for almost 12 years now and just put in all applications, just wanted to know if the grounds of my application is strong enough and also if anyone has been through this ordeal, how long did it take for their status to be decided?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users