Jump to content

- - - - -

Fiance(E) Or Proposed Civil Partner Of A Settled Person

fiance marriage civil partership visa eeaa application form VAF4A inmigration

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MotMer


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Location:London
  • england

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:35 PM


I would be really grateful y someone could help us as the information in the official home office website seems very confusing and general.

I am Spanish and my boyfriend is a brazilian national living and working legaly in Spain, we have been living together for a year in Spain and could prove that with official letters sent to both of us on the same adress. However I don't know if we would need anything else in order to prove the genuine and subsisting relationship.

We tried to get civil partnership in Spain but they gave us the appointment for the 14th of november 2013.

I have just arrived a few weeks ago to the UK from Spain. I have already found a job in london with with a wage that would cover the finantial requirement of £18,600. And he will be taking his English language test as soon as possible.

For what I have read in this forum, I need to be working for three months until we are legible to apply for a VAF4A and pay arround £1000. And that it would take up to three more months for them to aprove it. We want this to happen as soon as possible (the same as everybody else I suppose), and it is becoming quite frustrating.

So, from what I've calculated, it would take 3 months in order to apply, 3 more to get aproval, and 1 more to get married and just then he will be legible to work in the UK. So it would take us 7 monts to get together?

As I've said, I would be really grateful if someone could help me with te next few questions:
  • what other proof could I give of a genuine and subsisting relationship?
  • which country (Spain or Brazil) takes longer to aprove a VAF4A?
  • is there any other way of getting a VAF4A visa without paying such a vast amount of money?
  • does it make a difference if he has a spanish work permit?
  • do you think it would be better if we marry elsewhere?
  • do you think it would be better to do it any other way?
  • does he get the work permit as soon as we get married, or do we have to go through any other precedure?
Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 Susi


    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 11,013 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:tunbridge wells
  • uk

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

You're looking at the wrong rules. As a Spanish national you should be applying under EU/EEA regulations not under UK law. The good news is that the application will be free, the minimum earnings won't apply and he won't need to take the English test.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fiance, marriage, civil partership, visa, eeaa, application form VAF4A, inmigration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users