Jump to content


Appeal In Progress, Can I Visit?

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CanadaEh


    New Member

  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Glasgow
  • ca

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Hi there,

I've recently been denied a 'Right to access a UK resident child' visa, and I'm in the middle of appealing. I was declined due to overstaying by 2 months (among other smaller reasons) and been told that I'm ineligible to reapply for a visa until June 2013. Does this mean I can't take a standard trip to the UK to visit my son until then?


#2 Victoria


    Prefered Member

  • UK Immigration Consultants
  • 42,795 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London
  • Interests:MediVisas UK LLP

    Level 3 OISC Immigration Specialists
    Consultations by appointment only

    Tel: +44 (0) 207 953 3090
    Fax: +44 (0) 207 953 3091
  • uk

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

If you overstayed then there is a ban from coming to the UK on a temporary capacity.

if you are questioning any overstay then this is something you should discuss with your legal rep.

#3 CanadaEh


    New Member

  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Glasgow
  • ca

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here. My 1 year ban to the uk expired on 03/June/2013. I am not intending to apply to stay in the UK until after next summer, but I would like to know if I can now travel without applying for a Visa. I'm hoping to see my son for 2 weeks over Xmas. Can I just travel on my passport, or do I need to apply for a visitors visa through the UK website?

I was banned from applying for entry for one year due to an overstay of 6 weeks.

#4 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

    Prefered Member

  • Global Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rio de Janeiro
  • br

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

Yes, you can attempt entry without getting a visa in advance.  How that will play out at the airport is not certain.  You will be held for further questioning and the quality of the answers as to your intentions will weigh heavily on the decision to permit you to enter.  I think it would be better and easier if you dealt with all of that in advance by applying for a visa.  A ECO, reading your file at his desk at UK visa hub in Canada will be able to make a more informed decision on your circumstances (review the statements from the mother granting visit access; assess the risk of your non-return, etc) than a Border Force officer at the airport, who would normally wish to spend about 15 seconds with each arriving passenger.  Or you can sit in an interview room at the airport with a broken coffee machine for several hours, while they decide whether or not to land you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users