Jump to content


Help With The Permanent Residence

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 R0man


    New Member

  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Location:London
  • england

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hello, I'm a EEA national from Latvia living & working in UK for last 5 years.

As I've decided to get the Permanent Resident status I came accross difficulty.
In the EEA3 form it states that: from 1 May 2004 untill 30 April 2011 nationals of Latvia that were exercising Treaty rights in UK as a worker were required to register their employment under Worker Register Scheme (WRS) otherwise you will not be issued a document.

I've been working since 2007 without registering myself with WRC. Is there anything I can do about it? Will the employment contract be enough as a proof?

Or the only way to obtain Permanent Residence status is to wait 5 years after 30 April 2011?
Thank you, I hope i made my question clear enough!

#2 Mutly


    Prefered Member

  • Active Members
  • 10,453 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • ad

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Unfortunately you need to wait five years from 30 April 2011 when WRS was abolished.

But are you married to another EEA national?
Did you have leave to remain in the UK allowing work under national rules before Latvia joined the EU?
Did you exercise any other treaty rights?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users