3 replies to this topic

#1 jimzmeys

jimzmeys

• Active Members
  • 191 posts
  • uk

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi,

My cousin and brother are coming to the UK for a year just to work and go on holidays. Both are Australian citizens.

My brother is fine as he will renew his ancestry visa or just use the current one his got. My cousin doesn't meet the requirements for an ancestry visa, and instead wants a working holiday visa. Both have saved for a few months and have at least $10,000 each (approx £7000).

I want to ensure my cousin does everything right to get a WHM. What does he need to supply? Is proof of a return ticket required? He will only want to work some hours just to go abroad a lot of times during the year he will be here before going back to Australia. How can we find out about places for 2013? (they are wanting to come in March) and what is the processing times for a WHM?

My brothers UK ancestry visa doesn't expire until April'14 (he won't need to renew it will he?) - although I have the documents with me here in the UK.

#2 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,141 posts
  • br

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

http://www.ukba.home...mobilityscheme/

#3 jimzmeys

jimzmeys

• Active Members
  • 191 posts
  • uk

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

I read that, thanks. Can I ask, are you able to apply say in January (to secure a place) and then leave in March/April? and have that listed on your intended departure date? Would that be okay?

#4 Gentleman of Leisure

Gentleman of Leisure

Prefered Member

• Global Moderators
  • 10,141 posts
  • br

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

It's generally possible to apply for a visa and request a deferred start date of up to 3 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users